httpmail Plugin Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Patmian212, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hey Guys,
    I am using the httpmail 1.45 plugin in mail so I can download my messages from my hotmail account. I was wondering if it was possible to delete the messages from my hotmail inbox directly from mail. When I press delete in mail, it deletes it from my HDD but the message remains in my hotmail inbox and I was wondering if there was a way to delete them directly from mail. If not mail can any other mail program do this? Maybe entourage or thunderbird?

2. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Not sure which version of the plugin I'm using but this works for me (just tested it to make sure :) )

If you delete an item in Mail, it should go to the trash (there are separate trashes for each account). If you right click on the Hotmail trash and choose erase deleted messages, and then resynchronise the account, all should be gone.

I think it is the resynchronisation which is the important step. If you download your messages to Mail, and then delete them, they will remain on the server until the accounts are synched.

3. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

You synch by clicking the little lightning bolt right?

Never mind I found out how to synch, now Im gonna test it out.

4. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I just hit the 'Get Mail' button on the toolbar, but there may be other ways.

5. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Well I right clicked on the inbox and clicked synchronize and nothing happened. My mail is still on the hotmail server, anyone else got ideas? I clicked the get mail button aswell.

6. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Just upgraded the plugin to 1.48(newest version) and it still isnt deleting stuff from hotmail, I log in and the messages I deleted in mail are still in my hotmail inbox.