Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NOITAIDAR

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Hope someone can help here.

I’ve got some Hue Ambience lights in my common areas in the house, like the kitchen... I'd like to be able to activate certain profiles only at certain times when the dimmer switches it on.

For example: between 05:00 and 10:00, Switching on the Dimmer switch, sets the mood to Energize, but switching it on between 20:00 and 23:00 sets it to Relax. At the moment, I can’t figure out how to do this without cycling through the configured profiles on the dimmer.

The idea here would be to mimic the daylight requirements without having to actively decide which profile I want, but without it switching on the lights automatically.

Thanks in advance for the help

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
That's a really good idea, but not one that's currently available in their software.
I think one of their tunable white bulbs though has a similar feature in that it changes the color temperature across day/night. But obviously doesn't work for different scenes like you mentioned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.