Hufu -- The Healthy Human Flesh Alternative!

Discussion in 'Community' started by neildmitchell, Jun 3, 2005.

1. neildmitchell macrumors 6502a

neildmitchell

[​IMG]

What does Hufu TM taste like? Does it taste like human flesh?
    HufuTM is designed to resemble, as humanly possible, the taste and texture of human flesh. If you've never had human flesh before, think of the taste and texture of beef, except a little sweeter in taste and a little softer in texture. Contrary to popular belief, people do not taste like pork or chicken.

How do you know HufuTM tastes like human flesh?
    The taste and texture of HufuTM are the result of painstaking research and extensive testing in our kitchens. We are supremely confident that our food products would satisfy the tastes of even the most demanding cannibal.

Is HufuTM a vegetarian/vegan friendly?
    Yes. HufuTM contains no human or animal products.

Read more at
    http://www.eathufu.com/faq.asp

I'd give my left arm for some HUFU ;)

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Crazy.

I swear my neighbour ate her husband. I'll recommend this to her, thanks.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I read a scientific article that said that, based on body makeup, humans would taste more like horses than like the animals we more commonly eat. We are designed to move, not graze, so we would supposedly be tough, stringy, and less tasty than fattier animals. Sorry, but I have no first-hand experience to confirm this. I don't even bite my fingernails.

Meanwhile, in another thread about robots, I noted today that researchers are learning to make skin more like ours, but for a completely different purpose.

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says... I had always heard that human flesh was closest to pork..of course I do not have any personal dining experiences to back this up. There was a line in the song "meninblack" by the Stranglers (1979) that said "healthly livestock so we can eat...human flesh is porky meat....heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh" .........oh yeah!

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Maybe we need to ask [playlistId=21480328&selectedItemId=21480316]these kids[/playlistId] about it. (iTMS link)

6. neildmitchell thread starter macrumors 6502a

neildmitchell

I love the fact that they offer stories and DVD's related to cannibalism.
    So you can watch a movie as your appitizer, then have a plesant dinner conversation about cannibalism as you dine. :D

(hu)MAN its whats for dinner!
    Make mine a Man-wich meal!

7. poundsmack macrumors 6502

poundsmack

do things like this make u loose faith in humanity at all? :p

8. neildmitchell thread starter macrumors 6502a

neildmitchell

I LOVE IT! Totally hilarious.

Maybe I will throw a cannibal Thanksgiving this year! :rolleyes:

Its GOT to be better than Tofurkey, ANYTHING is better than Tofurkey!
    But the Tofurkey stuffing is good, maybe it was aweful too, I was drunk

I eat Cannibals, Its incredible, you bring out the animal in me, I eat cannibals..

9. Cybernanga macrumors regular

If you've ever seriously burn your fingers (I have) you'll have noticed that burning human fles actually smells like burning pork.

Additionaly, if you do the reflex thing of putting your burnt fingers in your mouth, (I did this too) you'll also notice that they taste like pork too.

So based on experience, I'm happy to say that Human Flesh (mine at least) tastes very much like pork. Howver as I've never tasted Horse flesh, maybe they taste like pork too.

Howver, I honestly think that that product is in very bad taste ;)

10. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I've heard it said that houses where people have been burned to death have a very strong smell of roast pork about them – so much so that that many firemen can't stomach the thought of eating the stuff.

Entirely anecdotal – I'm not certain if it's true or not...

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

In Niugini (New Guinea to the uninitiated) they call the white man "long pig". Is this significant?

12. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Have you been to Nuigini Skunk? I ask because I worked there for a year a loooong time ago very enlightening experience.When I was there the punishment for murder for a local was six months in jail whereas a expat would get 14 years very different outlook on life.About the human flesh eating taboo I never really understood it I'd just as soon eat a human as a cow(don't get me wrong either idea revolts me).

13. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Not really.

The cannibals among the Maori use it as sort of a remembrance of the dead. Only certain relatives are allowed to eat etc. So I don't really have a problem with it. Especially not after reading Stranger in a Strange Land.

Also if you were to consider the symbolism of cunnilingus and fellatio actual consumption of the dead (living) isn't that far of a stretch.

14. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Ah! NASTY!!!!!!!!

"Mom, whats for dinner?"
    "Oh, Uncle Irving?"
    "UNCLE IRVING!?"
    "Relax, it isn't REALLY him..."
    "Phew"
    "It's just a fake him"

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

No, I did get a visa...but ended up going to Sri Lanka instead. I have a friend who worked there too, as a librarian in Port Moresby. He had a whale of a time.

16. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

if you press the Feeling Queasy? link it takes you to the bob the builders website

17. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

18. neildmitchell thread starter macrumors 6502a

neildmitchell

Your a riot! :D
    Why do you think your neighbor ate her husband

19. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I really don't know about that. I've never thought of those acts as having "symbolism." Sure, if you want to attach some symbolism to them it's easy to do, but it feels tacked on to me.

Regarding the original product... it's funny, but just the thought that the reason it exists is to simulate eating humans makes me never want to try it.

20. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Maybe I'm just a prevert.

Yeah... The problem is most faux meat doesn't taste like meat and often tastes like soy.

I can't wait for vat grown steaks though.

Gee I wonder how the law applies about cloning for consumption?

21. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Actually I really don't know much about that, I'm usually thinking of something else besides grabbing some salt/pepper or a couple other spices to season my hand before I burn it.

And usually when I burn myself I don't wait around for it to cook well enough to get a good taste.

BTW, I usually run for cold water and ice. Because I know putting butter and/or licking your hand doesn't stop the burn from getting worse, the only thing that does that is cooling the area as fast as possible.

22. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

The Scene? Anythony Hopkins and Jodie Foster at a European Cafe.

"well clarice. i've retired. i've found something new. Waitress, could I have some HuFu with fava beans and a nice Chianti?"

*trigger HuFu jingle*

Cut to Logo.

"HuFu. The fleshy Alternative"

Fade out.

23. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Speaking of which, how well does Hufu go with fava beans and a nice Chianti?

24. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Little Billy told me so. :p