Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I would...

• Flush the stuff and pee or the other way around.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Pee into the stuff, leave it for the rest of the night and hope the mixture doesn't explode.

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Pee in the shower.

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Pee into a bottle and flush it tomorrow.

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
I was chicken. In the end I peed into the stuff and left it. I did lock the bathroom door from the outside just in case.

You know what? Didn't work! The toilet is EXACTLY the same!!!! :rolleyes:
(Perhaps my pee has Expensive Caustic Stuff Neutralising powers)

Applespider

macrumors G4
Sesshi said:
You know what? Didn't work! The toilet is EXACTLY the same!!!! :rolleyes:
(Perhaps my pee has Expensive Caustic Stuff Neutralising powers)

Probably not - did you give the loo a good scrub with the loo brush initially and before flushing with the caustic stuff in it?

When I bought my place and had to 'blitz' the loo, I waited til I was likely to be away from home for a day or so and poured lots of bleach (with limescale remover) down, gave it a bit of a scrub and then when I came back, gave it another scrub - result - beautiful white loo again.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Oh yes, the stuff I was drinking like water was 8% proof so if anything I'm surprised my figures aren't all over the place and that I didn't post more rubbish on MR. Not a trace of a hangover this morning though.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
Piss on the floor, blame it on the dog.

If you don't have a dog, blame it on the wife.

If you don't have a wife, piss on the floor, just because you can.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
OK, at the risk of going all Domestic Goddess here, don't bother with all that expensive crap. White vinegar is by far the best stuff to get limescale and it's associated dirt off and it's only about 45p for a large bottle. Just douse a load of vinegar on the limescale then attack it with either a brush or some form of scourer. Repeat until the limescale is gone.

Yes it stinks to high heaven which is the vinegar mixing with the CO2 given off by the chemical reaction. The sticky Calcium Carbonate (limescale) becomes brittle Calcium Oxide which flakes away easily when you rub/brush it.

Wear your best marigolds though, otherwise the vinegar plays havoc with your fingernails :p

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
someguy said:
Piss on the floor, blame it on the dog.

If you don't have a dog, blame it on the wife.

If you don't have a wife, piss on the floor, just because you can.

Best. Advice. Evar.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
What's wrong with the shower? Or a bath tub?

A bath tub is just like a giant toilet that you stand in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.