HugInOSX: panoramic photo freeware

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eji, Jul 26, 2006.

1. eji macrumors 6502

eji

I found HugInOSX today and I just wanted to pass the info along to others who might also have overlooked it.

I'd been using the crummy Camedia software that came with my Olympus to stitch together photos for a panorama shot (you've also got to have an Olympus media card, but that's easy to work around) and waiting for some kind of panorama functionality to appear in iPhoto. But while scanning MacUpdate I saw that HugIn had been updated, and so I downloaded it to give it a spin.

It's a bit complex, but there are plenty of walk-through tutorials on the website. And it's also easy to sneak by on the basic options and have a photo turn out really well. I generated this panorama of NYC in about 30 minutes after my first run-in with HugInOSX.

Give it a go. It's open source freeware, so there's nothing to lose, and it's got plenty of pro options for fine-tuning and creative shots.

Attached Files:

2. hikingnclimbing macrumors member

hikingnclimbing

Calico by Kekus

I found that Calico by Kekus is so much easier to use! Granted, it isn't freeware and you do have to pay a small amount to get the watermarks off. But it is so quick and easy to use. You don't even have to think about it. Just load your images and then press align and then make and *BINGO!* you have yourself a panoramic. Here is one that I made with Calico. The software took a while to make it, but only because my original images were massive.

[​IMG]