Hulk smash

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by yeeohyee, Nov 29, 2006.

1. yeeohyee macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a Macbook, and am currently trying to use it with my external display (Olevia 30" 720p HD-ready LCD, via DVI). My computer cannot find the manufacturer information for this display, and I guess as a result the Macbook has determined the external display is 4:3 aspect ratio. If I set it to mirror using a resolution with a 16:9 aspect ratio, the image is stretched on the external display, leaving black bands top and bottom. If the resolution is set to a 4:3 option, it stretches to fit the screen. Is there any software that can allow me to use this unrecognized display at the proper 16:9 resolution? Ive tried all of the obvious options messing around with settings already on the computer. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i'm not sure of this at all, but the issue is most likely that the integrated graphics of your MacBook cannot drive such a large display and such is scaling the best that it can, but i could be wrong on that too.

3. Mernak macrumors 6502

That is my guess to, considering it can only drive the 23" ACD, not the 30". Try Version Tracker to see if they have any programs/

4. yeeohyee thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Ergh, people, the limit on the MacBook's graphical capabilities is determined by the resolution of the display, not the size.

It could drive a 70" display if the resolution was 1920x1200.

What is the resolution of your screen?