Hulu's Response to iPhone Support

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by christall109, Jun 11, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Hey Guys,

The other day I sent Hulu some feedback. Mainly I pointed out why they should have iPhone support. They had this to say (my email also follows).

What do you guys think? Are they justified or is there away around the DRM issue?

2. macrumors 601

gloss

3. macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I think that they are in a position where they feel that Apple is getting more out of the possibility than they are. That being said, I believe that something can be done within Apple's constraints that is mutually beneficial.

4. macrumors 68030

They're completely right.

Look at how badly the BBC's MP4 streams have gone for iPlayer - they've been widely stolen, and content providers are up in arms with them about it.

The people writing those hacks have essentially made sure that no broadcaster will ever do the same.

Apple needs to start licencing out Fairplay, sharpish, or broadcasters are going to switch en masse to Flash and AIR, and the iPhone gets hurt by that unless they allow it...

Phazer

5. macrumors 65816

If they wrote a native app and streamed all video through there, it'd be impossible to steal the content. Sounds like they're lazy.