Humor: Google and WMDs

Discussion in 'Community' started by shadowfax, Oct 2, 2003.

1. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

have you guys seen this? you get to it by entering "wmd" in google and clicking "i'm feeling lucky."

i laughed so hard, heh.

by the way, if you want to make political arguments about this, go find an old thread in the poli forum. this is just a joke... :)

2. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

That's been around for a while now. The guy who made it has done some other pages similiar to that.

He's English I believe. BBC and CNN once did a profile on him.

3. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

cool. i like it. what are some of the other ones?

edit: did you guys notice that the "detect weapons" button links to the existential poetry of donald rumsfeld, and the bomb button links to dr. strangelove? classic.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

There was a huge fight here after someone posted the google search for "french military victories." If you click "I'm feeling lucky" you get something that says "no searches matched your criteria, did you mean french military defeats?"

I think that thread got wastelanded.

5. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

i remember seeing that page some time ago. i laughed it up at that one too. how could anyone get in a fight over that? i'll pay off whatever mod i can to see that no one gets nasty in here....

6. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

7. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

haha! nice. google isn't run by any macs, is it?

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well, it was a pretty touchy subject at the time, what with all the French-bashing that was going on, some people took it more seriously than they probably needed to, but like I said, there was a lot of anti-French sentiment expressed.

9. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

aaaah, yes, the UN fiasco. hm.

i don't think it has anything to do with that. it seems more like a joke about agincourt and older french history. i think in light of that, it's rather humorous. obviously they have had military victories (joan of arc, anyone?), but it was still pretty funny.

gosh, i don't see how anyone could get their feathers ruffled over that, still