Hungriest Death-Row Inmate Ever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by peter2002, Oct 6, 2002.

1. peter2002 macrumors 6502

I just got my Esquire Magazine for November. Nothing special at first glance, then I picked it up again this evening and I saw the strangest list that details the last meal of Texas death row inmates.

Texas Death Row Final Meals

The biggest meal ever was by Stanley Baker, Jr. He was put to death May 30, 2002. He murdered a cashier back in 1994 at an adult video store in College Station, Texas which is near Austin. Stanley was only 35 when he was sentenced to death by lethal injection.

But before he went to see his maker, Stanley sure had a meal fit for a King.

2 16 ounce ribeyes
    1lb turkey breast (sliced thin)
    12 strips of bacon
    2 large hamburgers with mayo, onion, and lettuce
    2 large baked potatos with butter, sour cream
    4 slices of cheese
    1 chef salad
    2 ears of corn on the cob
    1 pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream
    4 vanilla Cokes

It is a real shame that Stanley couldn't get a case of beer like Coors to wash all that down.

Peter

[​IMG]

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Yeah, I want to eat before I die.... I mean, who cares about talking to family and friends when you can eat.

3. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

thats very interesting. i wonder how anyone can eat right before you know you are going to die. i mean wouldnt that worry or anxiety sorta triumph the hunger pangs? what am i missing here?

but yeah that dude had a meal man. although i could probably take that down in one setting... give me about 45 minutes though. he certianly knew how to eat man. your not messing around when you order 2 16 ounce ribeyes.

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

how do you aquire that much food when you are in prison?

5. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

i believe its allowed for the death row inmate right before hes executed that he may choose whatever meal he or she wants. its not about the inmate actually going out and getting the food. they bring it to them. i could be wrong so dont qoute me on it.

6. Choppaface macrumors 65816

in other words the law would be completely ineffective against homer simpson :D

7. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

I think it's a great idea. What a way to go out! A freakin' huge meal laden with cholesterol, sodium, and saturated fat. The guy absolutely gorged himself, and why the hell not, y'know? You're about to die. Keeps your mind off the execution.

The only thing I wonder... do they bury him like that?! :eek: :eek:

8. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

This raises the question, if an inmate ordered 500 16-oz ribeyes as his final meal and just kept eating and taking breaks for a year would they stop him and execute him?

Just food for thought.

9. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Hah.... sorta like on the old show "You Can't Do That On Television" where he's lined up at the firing squad and the kid's last request is to sing a song:

"99 million, 999 thousand, 999 bottles of beer on the wall......" :D

Naw, I'm sure there's a time limit or something! Certainly not more than a couple hours or so.

10. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

yes i completly understand that point no doubt. i just dont see how anyone can be thinking about food before they are going to be executed like that.

11. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Oh I know, if it were me, food would be the LAST thing on my mind... but then again, we're not totally sure about this guy's mind anyway, after doing the stupid thing that he did... :rolleyes:

12. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

very true.

13. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

I think that meal was a waste of taxpayer's money:mad: I would have let him suffer;)

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

oh, and killing's not enough? please

personally, I'm thinking he felt like crap for eating all of that, bloated, especially knowing he was going to die soon.

15. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ick...just reading all that he ate makes me sick...

but that's the whole point of it I suppose...he figured why the hell not...he'd never have these things EVER again...

16. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

am i the only one that'd be so scared/nervous about dying that i'd be sick and not able to eat?

though i guess i don't know til i'm in the situation. when you're on death row i suppose you get used to the idea... sad.

17. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Nice.

I hope you get wrongly convicted of murder, then we can kill you with the same lack of compassion.

BTW - I've heard that most death row inmates have a powerful appetite before they die. I guess food is just something you crave when you know you won't ever taste it again. Primal, I guess.

18. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

but there would be a lot of things I'd like to have besides some of that. Seafood, asian food, indian etc. But I'm guessing aside from maybe some Mexican food, you won't see much ethnic cuisine in the Texas penal system.

19. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

My thought is that it was a final act of defiance for this guy.

I mean, eat all that stuff, and then get lethal injection-- i'm sure there was some nasty nasty mess (see the poop thread maybe?) that dude left for the people who had to clean him up.

I know if it was electric chair, he would have **** his pants.

But since it's lethal injection, not to sure. But i'm guessing that, with muscle relaxants that they use.... i'll bet he pooped something fierce all over the gurney.

Good for him. Capital punishment should be abolished.

20. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

bingo.

that said, i don't know that i'd say "good for him"... him having killed someone (now i realize, this is assuming he was in fact guilty, etc). but yeah, people make mistakes. terrible ones in some cases.

speaking of murders. how about that craziness in md.... my niece is in school on the outskirts of baltimore.... kinda scary. 1st grade i believe....

21. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

i didn't mean good for him that he killed someone.

i just think that he had the foresight to do something subversive to make a pain out of the fact that we actually glamourize (for the most part) captial punishment.

I was hoping he left a big stinky mess of poo for the murderers to clean up. You know?

22. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i know you weren't advocating him killing... of course not

but at the same time, it's hard to say good for him for being subversive, if he really did kill someone. again, people make mistakes. could've been a flukey type thing. who knows. still tough to see anything he does as a good thing. just human nature of seeing someone for the bad things he did as they stand out. in this case. would be different if i knew him personally, and such.

straight up

23. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Yea. But i'm just saying that I don't agree with CPwhether he killed or not. So, yea... for being anti-establishment re: cap punishment, awesome move.

However... he could have avoided it all together if he just had his head on str8

24. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

agreed... he shouldn't have been killed regardless..

then again, who knows if he was really trying to be subversive? ;)

oh, and "str8"????? ha!

25. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

right. i am giving him much more credit here. But that;s what you get after watching Red Dragon.... heehee.

These "intellectual" criminals... boy do they make for awesome and fascinating characters. Same with jack the Ripper..

But this guy... prolly just hungry. heehee