Hunting and Killing Panthers with Jaguars

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by LFrascogna, Nov 30, 2003.

1. LFrascogna macrumors member

Ok, well I got Panther the day it came out and was very pleased. I did a clean install, and reinstalled all of my programs. I thought it was wholly worth the money (student edition at least). However, aside from the speed and the UI upgrades, panther is killing me. Safari crashes on a regular basis (once a week), but my real complaint is that illustrator keeps going down. I used to be a chronic saver back in my windoze days, but with Jaguar I never saved because it would never crash. Well, thanks panther you have erased 10 hours of work in the last month.

(mac advocate) "Mac save so much time because you never have crashes" HA

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Have you updated to 10.3.1 yet? That was supposed to solve most issues that people had with the initial release.

You might also want to check Apple's support forums to see if other people are having the same issues as you.

3. LFrascogna thread starter macrumors member

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Re: Update

Meaning you've already updated to 10.3.1? :confused:

5. LFrascogna thread starter macrumors member

6. j33pd0g macrumors 6502

I have had none of these crashing problems. I had some printer trouble, but buying a new printer solved that.

7. 7on macrumors 601

7on

try deleting Safari's cache (manually by going to ~/Library/Caches/ and not by the menu bar option)

For the Illustrator one, try deleting illustrator and then reinstall. Delete the .plist file too.