Hunting Dog shoots Hunter

Discussion in 'Community' started by TimDaddy, Nov 6, 2003.

1. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    Dog shoots man

PARIS, Nov 5 (Reuters) - A French hunter was shot by his dog after he left a loaded shotgun in the boot of his car with two dogs and one of the animals accidentally stepped on the trigger, police said on Wednesday.

The man, from the village of Espelette in the Basque region, was admitted to hospital in the nearby town of Bayonne on Monday with leadshot injuries to the hip.

"As he was driving along, one of his dogs accidentally set off the gun," said a police official.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/odd.jsp

I'm sorry. Someone being shot is never funny, but I'm lauging my butt off at this!

2. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

Did the dog have a shooting license? Was it 'Owner' season? If not, could the dog get charged with shooting an Owner out of season? If the owner dies, will the dog have his head mounted above the kennel? Could the dog be charged with atttemped murder?

3. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

What an idiot!

It serves the guy right for leaving a loaded gun in his car. Maybe next time he'll leave a loaded gun in the front seat with him.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Damn funny - he won't be able to show his face in public for a while without getting some well deserved ribbing....haha, yep, he was quite silly to leave the gun loaded....

Do you have the link to the story?

D

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

That man couldn't have been very nice to that dog....

Well, in any condition, it has got to be the dog-chow.

:)

scem0

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Ouch.

That's gotta suck bigtime. I am laughing at the irony of it all, but still. :eek: :D