Hurray, got my Apple SE!

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by joecool85, Sep 9, 2005.

1. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

I got an Apple SE from LimeiBook86 the other day. It works great! 40mb external hd, and 2mb of ram! YEAH! It actually wouldn't boot when I got it, but he helped me over AIM and I reinstalled 7.1 via hooking up the scsi external to my beige G3 and now it works great! Thought I'd share :D

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Congrats..

I STILL need to reply to the thread I started with my LC (among other computers I have)

Hope you enjoy your piece of Apple history! The SE is a great machine, and many schools had been using them until recently. I actually like writing word documents, and articles on my SE from time to time.

3. emmawu macrumors 6502

I have an SE30 that I love. Before I had a laptop we'd take it with us as a "portable" computer. It's great for writing and we have some old floppies with some basic games and it's fun.

We were fortunate enough to find a signed carrying case that had imprinted signatures engraved from both Steves and the Mac team. A school was going to throw it away and gave it to us. The school also gave us some old manuals and when you consider that it's about 21 years old (old enough to vote) the technology is amazing. I don't know how many DOS machines would even work! Have fun with your SE. When we got ours it was running System 6. We were able to upgrade it to 7.1 and it still runs fine.

PS. My sister has a Windows loving boyfriend who thinks we should turn it into a fish tank. I think he should live in a fish tank.

4. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Congratulations on the SE ;)

Hope you have fun with it.

The SE is pretty popular among classic Macs

5. joker2 macrumors 6502a

joker2

An SE :) Wow. I used one of those in HS (93-94 school year) to help build our yearbook (small lab: 2 SEs, 2 SE/30s and an LC, a Laserwriter II and a IIg, and 3 of us on the "computer staff")

We ordered some 40MB external SCSI drives and they were out of stock, got 100MB drives instead!