Hydrogen Powerered Cars

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacFan782040, Oct 24, 2005.

1. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

Alright guys, I need some help. I'm doing a speech tomorrow on Hydrogen cars. My main points are: How they work, Pro's, and Con's. Do you know of any good websites or magazine articles that I can get my information from? I've found a few, but if anyone has any info or input it would be appriciated-- thanks!

2. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I'd start by spelling powered correctly and then I'd check out this site:

http://www.fuelcells.org/

3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

4. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

Are you just going to talk about PEM Fuel Cell or Direct Methanol and other types of fuel cells as well? I think I have some stuff that I might be able to dig up for you but they are mainly printed stuff. Daimler Chrysler probably your best bet for real application (they had test driven their FC vehicles across the US before. Other FC companies such as Ballard might have some good theory stuff as well. PM me and I might be able to give some papers/pointers.

5. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I second that i haven't visited there in a while but i know it provides awesome info and detailed instructions on "How stuff works." They have everything from Nucler Fission to Economics.

6. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

7. MacFan782040 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

Ahh thanks a lot. It's just a 5-7 minute speech, and I think I'll be able to find all the information in the stuff I have here. The hard part is organizing everything into sections, citing things, and figuring out timing and stuff. Ug, I hate procrastinating.

8. MacFan782040 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

9. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

you should note the lack of hydrogen fill stations (even though the govenator made it law that they will begin building them in Cali) and that the best form of getting hydrogen to use in the automobiles still requires burning fossil fuels.:)