Hypercard and QuickTime VR Authoring Studio only two Apple products not OS X compat.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jholzner, Apr 26, 2003.

1. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

I was looking through Apple's online store under their software offerings. I noticed that only Hypercard and QT VR Authoring Studio are not OS X compatible. What will happen to these products? Does Apple intend on porting them or just killing them? I thought maybe AppleScript studio could replace Hypercard...but I'm not familiar with either. How are Apple and others making QT VR movies right now? Are they using OS 9??

2. icetraxxg5 macrumors 6502

Hypercard is WAYYY outdated and will never be ported to MacOS X... There are A LOT of other products that are MacOS X/Windows compat. that can make Quicktime VR's so Quicktime VR studio will probably just die with hypercard.

3. Simon Liquid macrumors regular

From the product description:

I remember using this in junior high. It doesn't look like it's been updated much since then.

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

god in heaven, i can't believe they're still selling hypercard. was kind of lame to begin with, back in the days of system 6 and 7, i had thought it died in the days when cyberdog was still a baby... one would think they'd at least take out the Quicktime version number from that time...

pnw

5. mads macrumors newbie

There is actually sort of a Hypercard port to OS X called Supercard.

Supercard

6. gopher macrumors 65816

Check out http://www.supercard.us/TV/ for Hypercard compatibility for Mac OS X.

Quicktime VR movies still play though in Mac OS X, and has a version 1.0.1 upgrade though that isn't Mac OS X native.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtvr is where you can still get info on Quicktime VR. I noticed the spec page for Quicktime VR 1.0.1 update is gone, and have informed Apple.