I <3 Comcast

Discussion in 'Community' started by question fear, Dec 4, 2004.

1. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Wake up this morning, discover internet is down. Call Comcast. The problem is on our end. They dispatch a tech, to arrive between 1-3.
    I come home from the gym at 1230, my roommate and the tech are finishing up. Our modem has been replaced, the internet is happy, and all is well in the world.
    This was just some amazing customer service, and the best response time I've ever seen.
    I am VERY pleased.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

consider yourself lucky, their customer service isn't always as good, but when it is it shines

i've had some good run ins with their customer service, and some bad ones, although the bad weren't as bad it might have been

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

That's great - sure beats Adelphia's customer service. The speed is great and all, but the random outages are annoying. The fix is always the same - reset the network (unplug hub, unplug router, unplug cable modem, plug in cable modem, wait for it to initialize, plug in router, wait for it to initialize, plug in hub, wait for it to initialize, try connecting again), and if that doesn't work, wait and try again later - sometimes these things fix themselves.

4. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Yes, consider yourself lucky. My experiences with them haven't been so good.

5. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    The guy is supposed to get there between 1-3, but was finishing up by 12:30? What if your roomate hadn't been home early? Than would the tech sit around for a 1/2+ hour waiting for you to arrive? Doubt it. Why should we have to wait around all day for the tech people, but they can get their early/late as they please. Oh yeah, and like wrldwzrd89 said, Adelphia's service is horrible.

6. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

They're okay. I don't like them much as they have been slow as balls lately.

7. question fear thread starter macrumors 68020

question fear

sorry, wasn't clear there-he called at noon and said he was ready early if we were around. so he would have come by at 1 otherwise.
    I think we probably got lucky in that it was saturday and the tech wanted to get his weekend going so we got quick effective service. But I used to use RCN and the difference (in speed and cust service) between RCN and Comcast is night and day. RCN tech support NEVER answered their phone, and when they did they certainly never dispatched a tech, and we were using RCN equipment! in this situation we had non-comcast equipment and he STILL fixed it for us.
    I think Comcast is trying very, very hard to be a major player in the entertainment services industry, and they are trying to build trust with their customer service...Any company going through that sort of a transition is rocky, but they're clearly investing a lot in "image" these days, to drive their on-demand, etc sales, and my experience is probably indicative of that.

8. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

When I lived in Indiana I had Comcast and I have to give them 5 out of 5 stars. When I first moved into the apartment the tech was on time and spent 4 hours re-cableing the whole apartment 'cause he said the cable itself was kinda spotty (no extra charge, but we did give the dude some pizza we'd ordered). I only needed a tech to come out a coupla of times and each time the tech was on time. Not on time as in "between 8am and noon" but on time as in "10:30am." I only wish I had the same service w/SBC out here in LA.

Lethal

9. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    Ah. That's cool. Man, I wish Adelphia was that nice. We had to wait a week and a half once just because they couldn't figure out how to properly flash the digital cable box (the guy gave some reason that the equipment is different in SoCal than it is in Colorado where the phone tech support people were).