I <3 My new POWERBOOK!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by KevRC4130, Jul 21, 2004.

1. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

Hey everyone,
    After suffering all of my annoying posts asking about a Powerbook (or Ibook), I just want to let you all know that I finally got a brand new 12" Powerbook w/ Superdrive! It's completely stock, from the Apple retail store, but it is awesome. I got it today, and I have already made a video in iMovie, I'm talking on AIM in iChat, and I'm typing this message in Safari! I just want to say thanks, let anybody thinking of buying a PB know that they totaly rock, and to make you all jelous of my beautiful new peice of machinery! :p

2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Congratulations on the new toy. Be prepared for weeks of fun!

3. KevRC4130 thread starter macrumors 6502

I hope to get more than weeks :p

4. JCorn2 macrumors member

Congrats #2

Hey there,
    Congrats on the new pb and have fun with it! I am soon to get the same computer (not stock) for school in the fall! Hope you enjoy it!!!!
    Joe

5. Geetar macrumors regular

Yeah, congrats on the new luvvverly bit of kit. I just got my 1.5 PB (15" with Superdrive, 1.25GB ram) a couple of days ago, and I'm in love.....Gawd, it's fast!!

But guess what? I _still_ love my TiPB 500 that my wife now uses all the time. With Jaguar, 512 MB memory and iLife, it rocks hard. Not bad for a 3+ yr old laptop.

Gives me great hope for the future of my 1.5 :)

6. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

WHOO HOO!!! I also got my PB 12" today and I am having a blast going through it and seeing exactly what I have. It's amazing how much faster this thing is than my old Beige G3 and my mother is amazed that I could fit all my iTunes music on it (it blew here away when I told her this little guy has more hd space than both of our computers combined). Congrats on your new purchase and I hope you are having half as much fun as I am with mine.

7. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Congrats!Is it hooked up to an external or are you using the 12" screen? is it too small.thanks

8. AngeredTree macrumors member

Nice! I just got my 15" a couple days ago and I love it! I do wish I would have gotten the Backlit Keyboard though...

I thought about the 12"...Graphics Card and screen size scared me too much though...But it sure looks great!

9. KevRC4130 thread starter macrumors 6502

No external. I think the 12" is fine. The only time I've found the 12" to be small is when you have a lot of people messaging you on AIM, and have a webpage open, since the webpage takes up most of the screen. If you dont use AIM alot, 12" will be fine, and even if you do, it will still probably be fine. I was editing a video and did not feel like I needed any more room. :)

10. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Yes. The Rev. C 12" PowerBook is an amazing machine... I know... because I own one too! It's awesome!