i/30 !!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by blakespot, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Interesting... that's pretty funny how they put an iMac tray-loading CD-ROM drive in the BACK of the thing. It's too bad they didn't just add the USB and FireWire instead of taking out all the old ports... but I can understand the space/compatibility issues that go along with keeping them...

Pretty cool, that will be quite a collector's item one day. :D (As if it's not already!)

2. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

The Japanese seem real big on upgrading old Mac all-in-ones right now. This isn't the first time I've seen something like this. Seems like more trouble than it's worth, but it's still super cool.

3. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

Hmmm, space sure is at a premium in that country and retro is still cool, but that's a leap. Somehow though, I think it would be pretty cool to get my hands on one...

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It certainly would be an interesting collectors item. I'd want a faster processor though, especially if it was going to run OSX. But the whole space saver idea is sort of thrown out the window when you need to have space in the back to load the DVD/CD. It might have been better to scoot it out the side, with right and lefthand versions, depending on your preference.

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

damn...that's cool....but the cd in the back does suck a lot...

and it's a bit over priced...but I guess u are paying for a "chop-job"... :rolleyes:

6. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Cool!

Thats so bad!

A little pricey though.... :(