I am a Gringo!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, Jan 10, 2005.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Ok... I have been here in the US since Jan 2004 trying to settle down. This December I went back to Venezuela and I got together with a wonderful girl and everything (she was the model of one of my videos) and well, I came back here to Miami last week and just this morning I was meditating if I should go back to my country for the rest of this year while I wait for my green card wich I applied 3 years ago, I actually asked to God "please give me some lights, a sing on what to do". 10 minutes later my sister call me telling me my papers from immigration had arrived to get my green card!

I am happy and I am sad because I was in love with this girl and I wanted to see her again but now I am stuck in this country which is not bad but is good I am here because Caracas is way too dangerous (we have more murders per week than Irak and we are not in war).

Any way, I am going to be a Gringo now :rolleyes:

Ps. She is the one next to me, her name is Raquel, the other one is Reinie, she used to model (she was incredible gorgeous) but after drugs and alcohol she got wasted.

Attached Files:

2. apple2991 macrumors 6502

Why can't she come to you? Why can't you travel every so often to visit her? Can she not get a green card, as well? I don't know all the ins and outs of immigration.

I get that you miss her and had to make a tough decision. Care to elaborate on the situation?

3. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

She can not com, she went to the US embassy in Venezuela and they denied her the visa, to get a visa to the US is as exited as if you find out your wife is pregnant! is like the lottery and a green card is something that you just do not expect to be so lucky in your life, Just imagine Steve Jobs calling you at your home to invite you to an Apple event.

Yes, I can go down there but long distance relationship does not work that well. My best bet is to leave her the best impression of my and probably catch her later on in life, despite she may be moving to Argentina. Let see... =)