I am at the newest Apple Store!

Discussion in 'Community' started by tazo, Sep 26, 2003.

1. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I am at the newest apple store. It is 3:30 pm, there are about 30 people in line and I am number 18! A nice guy is holding my spot in line while I type on another guy's ibook for a moment. Damn people are nice at an apple store opening!

The store is a the kind with a theatre in the back, with the wood tables and the big white apple logo on silver!

I will post pictures in a while!

Damn this is gonna be fun !

-tazo

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Cool Tazo!! Keep us posted with pics ok? Apple Store openings are so cool. When you get in answer these questions, how big is the apple store? is there a theater? dual g5's ? wireless moouse and kb?

Have a great time!

3. bcsimac macrumors 6502

Glad you are having fun Tazo. I haven't been to an grand opening, but I have been to the Germantown Store (one of the original 25 stores). It is nice. I just still unhappy about not getting hired by them because of some weird decision to stay with what they had after posting the job for several weeks and interviewing a ton of people.....it doesn't make sense to say thanks for your interest and for the opportunity to interview you all, but we mistakenly posted the job for no reason. I just don't get it!

4. tazo thread starter macrumors 68040

tazo

Here are some facts:

it is the kind with the theatre in the back.

I would post pix if I had a way of getting em to 100k each, but as of now even at 1/2 quality they are 700kb...:(

The store and the surrounding area is beautiful!

They have a window display for the 12, 15, and 17" pb's saying "powerbook g4s: runs in the family..."

I am so psyched to be here! There is this uber-nice guy here letting me use his ibook :) And his mini-USB camera to check out the pix

Talk to ya all later.

-tazo

5. tazo thread starter macrumors 68040

tazo

Here are some nice pix I took of the apple store while I am waiting in line! The guy next to me was kind enough to let me use his powerbook and Transmit to upload these photos to my website server.

Check em out! Although they are somewhat large files...

http://boycottbuymusic.com/photo/apple/

6. tazo thread starter macrumors 68040

tazo

heh there are now atleast 500 people in line and it is nearing 6pm. I got here around 3:30 and am no. 18 in line :)

I got yelled at by a cop for taking pix of the interior of the apple store through the window...though I was casing the place. :rolleyes:

anyway

It is so nice and sunny here it is very pleasant to be sitting amongst the gigantic high-end retail stores and rich people young and old :)

-tazo

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Isn't Saddle Creek the store in Germantown, TN? Maybe the dude with the Saddle Creek t-shirt was casing the joint since it was also accessible from the outside. Hmm... ;)

8. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

I am really looking forward to the opening of the Ginza Apple Store in Tokyo. Not sure of the timeframe, but when I was in NY in June I vivited the Apple store there and purchased some software (English software is hard to find here, but that is another issue). I used my credit card and when the assistant turned my card over to check my signature she noticed all the Japaese writing and asked me what was going on. I told her I was living in Japan (originally from Australia by the way) and the card was issued here. Point being, she told me one of the senior managers from the Apple NY Store had been appointed to the Ginza Store and was already in Japan in June!!

9. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

tazo, hope you had a great time. thanks for the pics.

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I envy you so much...

That apple store looks awesome. Much better than the Houston one I went to :(.

I've said it and I'll say it again - the next place Apple should build an apple store should be in Austin, Texas.

scem0

11. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i changed my mind on that one. i want one in Oklahoma City now...

12. tazo thread starter macrumors 68040

tazo

Heh no problem :)

I also added many more pix and several videos from the opening!

And yeah scem0, the place was awesome! It is a beautiful area, was a beautiful day, and tons of very nice people!

Check out the new stuff!
    http://boycottbuymusic.com/photo/apple

-tazo

13. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

:as Tazo quickly removes any traces of the picture:

;)

14. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i wonder if he knows her.

tazo, you should bitch slap the guy behind her and ask her out. she's cute, and a mac user. no rational male would pass that up.

don't insult liberalism, though, because chances are she's on the left side of the poli pendulum.

15. tazo thread starter macrumors 68040

tazo

16. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

man, and you weren't! you so should have gotten in on that. you could have gotten in line with her at the very least.

17. tazo thread starter macrumors 68040

tazo

I was number 18 in line.....And the other dude in the pic is her significant other ;)

18. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

didn't i tell you to beat his ass? you look like you could take him ;)

that's a pisser though. i asked a girl out about a week ago (doubt she was a mac user, but she was easily the most beautiful girl i've ever met in person), myself, but she had a "significant other" too. i don't know what he looks like, though. i suspect he has one of those smiles like that one, though...

19. tazo thread starter macrumors 68040

tazo

LOL thanks :) ....shadowfx has got ur back.... ;)

20. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Pretty sweet, man. Will you be at the Portland one? It's opening November 15.

21. tazo thread starter macrumors 68040

tazo

Heh how much is it to fly to Portland from Seattle ;)

:D :D I will more than likely not be at the Portland one :)

22. bcsimac macrumors 6502

Yes, it is. I still think they are brain dead to post a job for weeks and do interviews and then send emails to all the people they interviewed to inform them that they decided to stay with what they had and eliminated the position in the mean time and then turn around in august repost the job......i am leery now. They posted the original one in june and july. They repost it(same position) in last week of august into september. It is still running open. I still think its a ploy or something!