Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

this is funah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Berlin, Germany
i just picked it up from the Apple store in Buffalo and i was the first to get one there. i walked in and asked if they had any, and they got them in about 10 minutes prior and i bought it before they put one on display!

its beautiful
so beautiful.

photo booth was more fun than i expected and the camera is crystal clear in good lighting!

front row is astonishing, i didn't realize how amazing it was until i tried it out!

w00!

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
Awesome... Did you buy any videos? How does video at 320 x 240 look stretched to 1680 x 1050 pixels? I'm really curious as to how FrontRow performs...

btw, UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE! ;)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Congratulations - sounds like a sweet machine. As for the camera - do you like it built in? What type of "aim" adjustments can you do?

Oh, now you need to change your sig ;)

Cfg5

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2003
California
Nice pickup on the iMac, I think my brother's going to get one of those in a month or so. Does that camera take away from its beauty in your opinion?

this is funah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Berlin, Germany
im taking some pics right now.

as for the isight, if you seriously care about a little black rounded square on such a beautiful machine, you mayyy be a little too picky. by any means, get a previous imac then. i truly don't mind, especially after seeing the quality of the pictures.

i watched a few movie trailers and they look quite good. only "quite good" because i have yet to find an HD trailer. there aren't any preferences with FRONT ROW so i dont know how to set the quality on it yet.

pictures coming soon.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
Wow congrats!!! I would love to see pics of the mid-plane etc. You know where everything lies..how big it is, the soldered in RAM!!!

fklehman

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2005
Newark, DE
What kind of processor is in there? A 970 or a 970GX? We've got some speculation on other threads that an overclocked version of the low-power G5 might be in there. Does System Profiler tell you anything?

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet...

That thing is so thin! Haha, I love how the remote sticks on the side. iSight is smaller than I thought it was going to be too, very cool. I like it even more! Enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.