I am ... in shock

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by EGT, Jun 6, 2005.

1. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

With regard to the recent news about apple switching to intel; the only thing i can think about is the attitude of some members on these forums. It absolutely stinks!! There's no doubt about it!!

I really hope this isn't the general consensus across the board, but from what i've been reading, it somewhat appears that way!

:rolleyes:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's okay, it's okay!

I just quickly checked outside and the world seems to be still revolving which is a good sign. I imagine it'll only last another few years though. :(

3. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Apparently, Apple are phasing the world out gradually over the next two years! :p

4. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

Ummm...you seem non-commital - on what side of the fence do you sit?
    :confused:

Personally, I'm of the "I don't care because with Apple software and engineering skills it'll still be great"-camp.

5. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Ok, so I'm expecting a wild statement:
    Hahaha :D isn't "don't care" the same as "non-commital"? Now I'm :confused:

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Good call! :D

As for EGT's original comment, yeah I agree. The reactions have been a bit topsy turvy but to be fair, it is a bit of a shock to many of us. We've had rumours like this in the past and they've always just evaporated but this is real! :eek:

7. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

It is pretty crazy, I remember watching the mhz myth video and even playing it for some friends and showing them how much better PPC is than x86. Whatever...I'm sure Apple/Intel have something up their sleaves and will make it worth while. Steve isn't stupid, we will have some fast ass kicking machines.

8. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i don't think there's anything wrong with switching to intel, it's just i'd rather not buy a mac right now that uses an entirely different processor architecture than they will in a year. i wouldn't have bought a 680x0 mac during the transition to PPC either. i'm going to buy a mac for my next computer purchase after this summer's, as by then the transition will be complete. yeah, it's pretty shocking all right. i got home, woke up my mac and looked at MR and i was like ....WTF..... but yeah, i'm sure SJ has our best interests at hand or w/e. just wish they'd take down those benchmarks on the P-Mac page...:rolleyes:

9. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

thats the camp im in too

10. MontyZ macrumors 6502a

I just hope the Mac Chime isn't replaced with the Intel Inside jingle every time you turn on your Macintel.

11. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I don't care about the transition but I would hate an "Intel inside" sticker on my mac! :mad: ...

12. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

It's all getting right on my titties. So many people all flying off the handle when 90% of them have no idea what is actually going on, and wouldn't have a clue of the change under the hood anyway if they weren't actually told about it.

Then you've got all these people posting new threads over and over again on the same bloody subject.

ARGH! :mad: :rolleyes:

I've decided it's not worth wasting my time and breath trying to keep on top of it all, and attempting to explain things, let 'em all go nuts, I really couldn't care less (as irritating as it is).

13. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Are my eyes OK? ... are you swtiching to Jolie?

Edit: Sorry, I had to check the whole picture... :eek:

I thought you were forgetting K.K for a while...