Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Palad1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2004
London, UK

drooling.gif

Can't decide what's sexier.

24'' Cinema display? Nope.
Portrait-oriented 17'' ? Nah.
Mac Pro? Nuhuh
Old school Apple poster? Not quite...

Slave Leia action figure? OH YEAH BABY!

:D

Seriously, your Apple shrine is quite nice, you lucky ...

pengu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2005
Diddily Daddily...
oh... now I feel like a moron. I hate having to use the pice o crap at work. I wish we cold move towards MAC, and away from Novell.

being a mac user, and a novell techo (@ my last job) believe me when i say that Novell isnt bad. its great technology and it can do AMAZING things.

having said that. if you use a pc and have an nvidia graphics card the drivers offer an option for seperate background images.

SubJunk

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2006
you definitely need to checkout mandolux. hands down the best multi monitor wallpaper out there. Why on earth don't more people know about an artist that good? You can buy high res versions of his work over at istockpro too.
Mandolux is great, I definitely agree there. There are some of Mando's dual monitor backgrounds at http://www.dualmonitorbackgrounds.com too :)
The advantage of using dmb is that it's categorized, so instead of going through one image at a time in a linear fashion (as is the case on Mandolux) you can find what you're looking for much faster on dmb, whether it's Mando's art or any of the hundreds of other people's art.
I absolutely think people should check out mandolux.com though, it's a nice site for looking at amazing artwork, I just think dmb is more useful and intuitive for the purpose of finding dual monitor backgrounds.

Mandolux is more of a portfolio/blog site, showcasing amazing backgrounds in a linear, chronological manner, which I don't think is ideal for people looking for backgrounds, whereas dmb allows people to go on, see the categories they want, and view thumbnails before they click through to the full sized image.
There's also a search function, image rating and comments.
Also on Mandolux you never know whether you will get a background for 2 monitors or 3 or 4 or 6, it's all the luck of the draw.
Know what I mean?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.