I am officially a Switcher!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by x86isslow, Feb 17, 2004.

1. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

I am getting an 1Ghz eMac, 512mb-1dimm. This replaces a virii ridden Acer Aspire P3 600Mhz.

It arrives Friday.. ooh the anticipation :)

Though, I must say, I am thoroughly dissapointed with Apple for handicapping the eMac.. no usb2? 133bus? radeon7500?

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

a lot people are pissed with Apple allways screwing down its so called consumer products. there is good news and that is after your warranty runs out you should be able to crank it up to 1.25 with little problem. Emac is a very good value.

3. Nik_Doof macrumors regular

4. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I purchased a eMac 1Ghz with the Superdrive last year around May. It was my first G4 system. Very happy with it. The display is brighter and clearer than my Dell flat panel display at work. Minimum wires to deal with around the desk. Airport Extreme and 1 GB of memory that I purchased at CompuUSA. Except for the graphics card in regard to games, it was perfect for most normal computing tasks including DVD encoding now and then. I recommend the eMac for PC users curious of the Mac but don't want to spend the $$$. It plays Age of Empires II fine, just not Unreal 2003.

Keep the PC around for games!

5. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

6. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

7. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
  8. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac