I am REALLY DEPRESSED ...:(

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by absolutmp5, Feb 3, 2006.

1. absolutmp5 macrumors regular

I have been for the last three weeks going to the Garden State Plaza Mall in Paramus, NJ hoping to find out when the newly opening apple store will start hiring. Every time i had come to the mall i was told by the mall management company that the apple store will start the hiring process soon. two days later they told me that apple was hiring online and didn't require the management company to start the employment process. I then as quickly as i could filled out a resume online and submitted it. To my dismay tonight i checked online and did not see the position i applied for available anymore. I am so depressed now because of all my efforts have gone to waste and the apple store is opening tomorrow, what should i do?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Don't give up. That is the best way to set yourself up for failure.

3. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

When I saw the title of this thread, my initial reaction was to reply with "eat lots of chocolate". Do that anyway.

Once the store opens, just go in and give them your resume. If they see you are really enthusiastic, you might get lucky - even though they've hired some people for the store, they'll probably need more soon.

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

5. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

If that were the case I'd have a migraine 24 7. In fact, I eat chocolate to fix my headaches. :p

6. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

It can also make you fat, because it tastes so good you keep eating more :D *pops more into mouth*

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It can also result in the loss of limbs, but that's generally only if you keep your chocolate in a pit of lions with razors on their paws.

8. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

:D :D

To the OP...people are known to be unreliable. Keep trying-eventually there will be an opening.

I hear Apple employees get a discount...is this true? If so I may try to get a job there as well.

9. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Also, if the position you wanted isn't available, take anything you can get... you can always work your way up later.

10. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Be happy that Olympic Hockey is starting soon.

And don't get depressed at not getting a job in retail.

It's retail, it sucks.

11. Scipio macrumors member

The discount is amazingly good.

12. janey macrumors 603

janey

13. Scipio macrumors member

14. thequicksilver macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

A job at an Apple store would gradually kill all respect you had for the company, its products, and its customers.

Too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

And, as someone else said, it's retail, and retail really is pants. Don't get worked up about it.

15. Scipio macrumors member

This is true, however, viewing the way they do things internally is pretty interesting, and if you remember that there is more to Apple than retail, and can see past it, you keep that respect for Apple as an innovator. Apple Retail and Apple Computer are like two separate entities, though Apple Retail is probably the best retail experience you'll ever have...but it is still retail.

16. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Or if you get diabetis

17. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

sorry you missed out on the job. its nothing to be depressed over. there are more important things in life. try being happy with what you have. its all that matters.