Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
i ordered the white one. has not come yet, but i want to change it black already. Really in person it looks a lot better. I don't like the gloss finish on the white, and i don't like that grey color they put on the inside. it looks so cheap. they should have made the white one like the the black one, matte outside, all white inside. i think. actually thy both look kinda weak on the inside, but the black def. looks bettre on the outside.

but its interesting to see that in the 'polls' that most support the white. I wouldn't have thought that, just cos of the new factor.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
macsrockmysocks said:
No one has even said get the black one yet... Anyone out there?:p

I love my black one, but I don't really feel the need to convince others to pop the extra cash for one. It's a personal decision, and I don't think it really requires anyone's expertise to advise. Get the one you like. If it makes you happy, it's yours.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Here's the deal: You have informed us that your hands are kept scrupulously clean and that no moisturizing lotion is used afterwards. Since there is a preference for black and the fingerprint/smudge issue should be far less a problem for you than others, it seems to add up to a black MacBook wins situation in my view. Buy it, be happy and then report back with great pride, "Once you go black, you never go back." :)

angelp

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2006
Abstract said:
And what do you think greasy, oily fingerprints are gonna do to a white MacBook over time, especially around the palmrests? See any iBook as an example. You need to clean those iBooks a bit.

Get the black MacBook. The one benefit of the white MacBook is that it'll hide scratches better than black (of course). Look at the black iPods and Nanos as an example. The black one looks nicer, IMO, and it hides the brown-ness that comes with keeping your hands on the palmrest and keyboard of the MB.

Considering I've seen a ton of pics of both laptops, plus the laptops in the store...the fact that the black always looked worse, I'd rather take my chances with the white looking worse over time rather than worse right away.

tristan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2003
high-rise in beautiful bethesda
Who wants a black or a white mac? My computer's silver, buddy - looks like it's a Japanese prototype from a high-tech conglomerate with secret plans to control the future.

Don't kid yourself kid... Either get the white or go Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.