I am Sooooo SOOOOOOOO Pee'd!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mac-Addict, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

I bought a refurb 2gb Ipod nano black like a week ago and I really really want a new one!!!!! So is there anyway I could like take it back or something? :( Im just so upset/pee'd/I dont know!!

2. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

I thought people on this site usually have a good idea when and when not to buy certain products. But anyway, your iPod still plays music correct? If you can afford to sell it at a loss, by all means do it.

3. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

Sucks, doesn't it? I'm afraid you don't have many options.

4. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Pfft! You should've tuned into this site and known that upgrades were imminent! :p

Unfortunately, you're probably stuck with it. Just keep it.. it still plays music right? And it'll be "vintage."

5. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

Ouch, that is tough. Sorry to hear that. I'm sure many people had a similar situation.

6. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

Either that or put it on eBay for like a one day auction so you can sell it to someone who hasn't heard about the updates yet.

Thats pretty much your only other option.

7. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

eBay it today with a buy it now option, someone will buy it not knowing about the upgrades.

8. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

9. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

My family still think i was silly to sell my ipod mini to get this ipod! So god damn it!

10. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

dude, it's called life. apple has to update the iPods sometime, and there'll always be someone who just bought one... so what, would you rather apple never update anything? live with it.

11. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Agreed.

This isn't the end of the world, and you still have a great 'pod. You can't always be latest and greatest, and you know you've got something that's not only tested, but will give you years of enjoyment.

12. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

One of my friends bought a replacement 2GB nano for her one that was stolen and it arrived today. She opened it during the day but there are no signs of it being opened and she has a receipt for buying it. If we take it to Apple, will they offer a refund. There have been people who have upgraded theirs like this in the past on this site.

13. Twinkie macrumors regular

I don't know about refurbs, but I thought Apple would let you exchange a product without charging a restocking fee, if it was updated in the 14-day return period.

14. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

I guess you were only cool for 2 weeks. Now everyone will know that you are not "hip". Now your iPod is uncool and does not work. Get over it. Your product still works and you got it at a discounted price. Why not sell it for slightly less and buy a new one if it is that important?

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No.

16. briantology macrumors 6502

Don't worry buddy, I'm still rockin' a 4th gen. But if you really really want that new one, buy it.

17. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I don't understand whats the big deal. Still works right? plus you can't get black unless you buy a 8gb so think of it that way. I thought about selling my 6 month old nano for one of the new ones but thought what's the point it has a decent battery life and I won't be able to get a black one unless I get 8gb which I dont need

18. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Well... i guess it depends on where you bought it from... I purchased a 30 gig black iPod on August 26th. Best Buy just took it back for a 100% refund today. I ordered one of the new 30 gig iPods directly from Apple right away.

19. phuong macrumors 6502a

where can i buy a (apple authorized) ipod nano now (except eBay)
    i dont like the new one. looks plastic.

20. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

check the macrumors marketplace...lots of iPods for sale there..I even have a 1gb for sale up there.

21. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Ummm... the old one is plastic. The new one is aluminum.