I am unofficially a FATHER now!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Peyote, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

What a crazy weekend! My wife and I were discussing how she was 3 days "late for her monthly visitor" so she did a few of the at home pregnancy tests. All three showed a VERY VERY faint positive. So now she's 5 days "late". Monday we are scheduling a doctor's appointment for the official results, but for now, all signs point to yes!

I'm so happy/scared! It's really good/bad timing. We've been married for two years, and have been together for 7 years....never tried to get pregnant, and never saw this coming!

2. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Man, it will be the wildest ride of your life. I hope the best for you, your wife, and the hopeful to be.

good luck getting to sleep tonight dad, but my best recommendation is get as much sleep as you can, cause after jr gets here-IT IS ALL GONE! (but in a good way :p )

CONGRATULATIONS (maybe)

3. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

CONGRATS! Good luck at the doctors and let us know the "offical" results! :)

4. Peyote thread starter macrumors 6502a

Peyote

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    dont want to jump the gun, but if its true, congratulations!!!

6. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

Nice. :D lol

7. The Past macrumors 6502

Yeah! Believe every word of that. I learnt it the hard way.

Good luck with the results.

8. bubbamac macrumors 6502

An early congratulations!

Still loads of stuff that can happen/not happen, but it's the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me.

Mind you, I wasn't thinking of that at 0400 today when my sick 3 year old kicked me out of my own bed so he could sleep with his mommy.

It's still awesome. Save money, sleep now. Surprisingly, your new addition to the family will cost about as much to feed/clothe/keep healthy as you and your wife do.

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Congratulations!

Soak it all in... and have your wife start keeping a journal!
    It all goes by so fast, and you will forget so much!

My two are 24 and 22, one is graduating with a Master's this year, the other with her Bachelor's. Don't know where the time went.

Best of luck to you.

Woof, Woof - Dawg

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Congratulations!

The first 40 years are the hardest...

11. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Congrats!

Let me suggest that if you don't have them already, get a digital camera and camcorder now. Start documenting everything, and by the time the kid arrives you'll know how to use the things. :)

12. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

you sound just like my dad :)

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Oh, by the way, DON'T decide to rip apart the bathroom and/or kitchen a month before the baby's due: it seems to be a "guy thing", but I know a lot of people who have this urge.... :rolleyes:

14. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

Congrats Peyote. Im going thru the same thing.

We are just about to start our third trimester, and even though it is overwhelming at times I am happier and more excited than I ever thought I could be.

haha.. yep... we are SO that couple too!! :D We are building a new house, buying new furniture, changing OBGYN's, changing hospitals, buying new cars, going to a new church, quitting jobs, living in a new city... you name it.. either the woman or I are doing it. All new stuff for the baby to throw up on! :rolleyes:

- Doc

15. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

You all did not have enough stress in your lives? :eek:

Congrats to you too!

16. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

congratulations and good luck!!! with all those changes in your life all happening at once its amazing your still sane :)

17. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Congratulations!!!! Same here dude!! We just found out today....

18. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I would say that there is something in the water, but maybe in the network/forum with all this baby stuff. I am definately keeping the wife away from the computer for a while, congrats to all the parents to be though!

19. apple2991 macrumors 6502

I thought this was a thread about John Lennon.

20. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

21. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Hehe... my wife and I found out she was pregnant right after we put our house in FL up for sale and we moved to Ohio a month later. We had the baby in Ohio (if any of you live in/around the west side of Cleveland, the Lakewood hospital was absolutely great), decided we didn't want to stay through another winter there and now we're back in FL. Unfortunately I'm jobless (aside from some small freelance work), but my wife got a great job here... so now I get to be Mr. Mom until I find decent work. :eek:

22. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is awesome news Peyote. I wish you and your wife all the best. Of course as you said it's not official until the test is run by a physician. What a great new life you will have ahead.