1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

I apologize Apple iPad Case.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Zepaw, May 3, 2010.

1. macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I let myself get really biased against the Apple case just from some negative talk on this forum. While in the Apple store today I got a chance to try on hands on and I am sold. Now if only they were not sold out.

2. macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Couldn't post this on Twitter bc it's more than 140 characters?

3. macrumors 6502a

quantum003

Um, so now do you and the Apple iPad case get to enjoy make-up sex?

4. macrumors 65816

Zepaw

**** this forum, everyone has to be so sarcastic about everything. If you don't think my post is worthwhile why are you adding more unproductive posts?

5. macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Seriously, how does the original post help anyone but yourself? Most people wouldn't have jumped to conclusions based on anti-Apple case posts before, they would have just tried it out for themselves. That's what a return period is for.

Are you trying to justify going with the crowd and then changing your mind? If so, congrats.

Everyone should line up and cheer for you as though you were the first in line to buy an iPad on launch day, Whoo HOoooo!

6. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Everyone has their own opinions, i myself would prefer a non folio style case for my iPad. I don't like the design of the Apple case.

7. macrumors member

i share your sentiment... i tried four other mainstream cases, cost was not a factor. i kept avoiding apple's case due to listening to others' opinions, never having seen one in-person.

i've been using my ipad w/out a case for three days and happened to get lucky as an apple store had some in stock today. i picked one up and it is fantastic, that's all i can say.

8. macrumors member

I have and like the apple case. However, that switch easy nude may replace it very shortly.

9. macrumors 6502a

I picked one up yesterday out of desperation for some kind of protection and a more comfortable browsing/typing experience. The Fort Worth apple store was well stocked, the shelf was full, it literally looked like nobody had picked one up.

It's a decent case, but NOT worth 40 bucks. I hate the seams, the make the buttons more difficult to press and it feels weird in hand, the simple solution to the latter is just to hold it the other way.

I hate how dirty it gets and how it doesn't stay shut all the way. I wish it had a band to wrap around to keep it shut.

One thing I like is that under the flap, I had just enough room for a small microfiber cloth.

10. macrumors member

on a side note... lot's of people seem to think a forum like this is simply a way to collected useful/helpful data for searching and archiving. i tend to view discussion forums (like this one and most others) as a social community interacting about a general topic (like apple or ipads or whatever).

not everyone's post needs to be helpful and unique. not every post or thread needs to serve some sort of utilitarian purpose. this isn't wikipedia, it's a discussion forum.

i enjoy reading posts for more than just getting info that will help me somehow.

11. macrumors 68000

Daremo

I never realized these were HELP forums. I always thought they were for general conversations on specifics, and in this case iPad accessories.

Seems to me he's following the forum rules, and doesn't deserve sarcastic remarks from people with nothing better to add to the conversation.

That's just me though...

12. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Dear Zepaw,
    Don't make that ****ing mistake again. I rule.

Love,
    Apple iPad Case

13. macrumors member

Mezzo43

I was reading all of the positive and negative reviews on the Apple iPad case. I finally gave in and bought the Apple case because I was tired of waiting for a case from iSkin to be released.

I like the Apple iPad case and am happy with it. I actually thought something was wrong with my Apple case because my iPad slid so easily into the case when all of the other reviewers mentioned how hard it was to get their iPad into the Apple case. I also try to keep my hands clean before picking up the Apple case - especially after I've been eating food. I am over protective..... I've also been sliding the Apple case into a InCase netbook sleeve and I have a Timbuk2 Quickie XS sleeve that just arrived today for me to see if I like this option instead of the InCase sleeve.

(I've been obsessing over cases!!!) :)

14. macrumors 6502

Yours doesn't stay shut all the way? I'm not following you.

15. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

My Apple case stays shut, meaning the top cover is not lifted or bent in any way. I don't exactly baby it either.

Perhaps this isn't the most ideal case but it's the best folio available right now.

16. macrumors 68040

My take is that it's sort of slimy.

But Hey! if slime is your thing.....:D

17. macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

LOL, you come up with some good ones Jess

18. macrumors 65816

Dammit Cubs

I returned my belkin sleeve case for the apple iPad case and i'm completely sold. Having it propped up is so helpful. I even leave it next to my bed and watch some late night movies with it. Its really awesome. The rubber feel is also great and I like the overall look of the device with it.

19. macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Right, it is not that bad.

20. macrumors 6502a

I am in same boat.... it is much better than I expected and functionally very helpful.

21. macrumors 6502

harry*333

personally I don't like the folio case design, it leaves this flap just hanging there when you use it
    however I love the built in stand, which will be great for typing on a desk
    still not sure what I'm going to do, I might just force myself to at least try the apple case once I can get one

22. macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I hear you loud and clear. I too was against the Apple iPad case till I played with the concierge's iPad with that case. Yes with heavy use it will show wear, but seems to hold up well for the rest of us.

Now I can't wait to get my hands on one :)

23. macrumors 68000

richpjr

I, like a lot of people (such as the OP), am very interested in hearing other people's opinions about things whether they like them or hate them. It's up to me to ultimately decide whether I agree or not, but it certainly gives me things to look for and consider that I might not have. In this case, I also had a very negative bias against the case going into the Apple store based on what I had read in several forums. I was thinking of picking one up for some protection until whatever "final" solution for protection I decided on. After playing with the case for 5 minutes, I am happy with it and am not looking at anything else.

Why that would bug you enough to clog the forum with a reply like that is beyond me. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

24. macrumors 6502

I am getting rather annoyed that I cannot find this damn thing in stock anywhere:mad: around my area.

25. macrumors 6502a

i love lamp