I assume this is an eBay scam...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by pjkelnhofer, Feb 11, 2004.

1. pjkelnhofer macrumors 6502a

pjkelnhofer

Lately, I have noticed a lot of auctions popping up where the seller is offering not the actually product but information on where to get product at a low price.
    Just wondering if this is a confirmed scam or some sort of pyramid scheme or something else.
    Anyone have any knowledge on this one?

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    you assume correctly, i mean common sense tells you its fishy.

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

the information you get will either be worthless or pretty damn close. a lot of people sell "information" on educational pricing from the apple store. some will tell you "how" to get free products by claiming you're reviewing them for a magazine. it's all BS, none of it works now, if it ever did...

paul

4. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

The ones that say you must be a student and get a 20% discount are referring to the ADC discount (check the buying guide on this site) and the ones that mention getting it for $300 or something are pyramid scams.

5. pjkelnhofer thread starter macrumors 6502a

pjkelnhofer

I asumed it is a scam, I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about this particular one before.

6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

pyramid scams. "You'll get your product in 3 months as soon as enough people sign up..." but of course you never get anything.