I beg the question of future ....

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by frescies, Oct 30, 2003.

1. frescies macrumors regular

Dec 9, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well, Panther does indeed "rock". All of the nifty features are awesome in themselves, but speed is perhaps the most worthwhile improvement. I love the speed. It makes my G4 iMac, with only 800mhz, act like the 1.25 gig G4 i played with a few months ago (i can only imagine how that 1.25 ghz behaves with panther). Even my 900 g3 ibook is fairly snappier.

I beg the question though... How long will this last with the OS updates... How much longer before my computers can't benefit from a new OS.... And how much longer before they can't take a new OS at all :(.

So far my computers meet all of the minimum requirements for things (accept some games), but I don't think they'll become obsolute beyond the 3 to 5 years I was hoping would expire before they did.

Oh well. Thats progress :D
  2. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    i don't think you have to worry about that. your iMac and iBook will be useable for at least another few years yet.

of course in a couple of years you won't be able to play the latest games, but that all part of progress, it's the same in the PC world as well.