I bought a Mini

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kgarner, Mar 9, 2005.

1. kgarner macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2004
    Congratulate me! I bought a Mini today. I am, needless to say, very excited about this. This is my first new Mac that I have purchased. I have always bought used or older model Macs in the past. I haven't even had a chance to play with it yet, as I bought it while at school and went from there to work. Anyway, just needed to share before my head exploded.
  2. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    Congratulations - remarkable constraint you've shown. Old Macs are great fun (like vintage cars), but it's nice to occasionally be the first to drive one.
  3. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    Congratulations! I convinced my mom to get one on Monday to replace her aging rev.A G3 iMac. What a difference! It's such a cool little thing. Plus we got a heck of a deal on it. They were out of the 1.2GHz models at the Apple Store, but they had just gotten a return on a 1.42GHz. It was still new in the box, but it was opened, and they knocked like $60 off the price! So we got the 1.42GHz model with 80GB hard drive for $539. You can't beat that. :)
  4. minimax macrumors 6502

Feb 9, 2005
    me too!!

hehe I wanted to buy one in half a years time but I couldnt restrain myself anymore, my work / study was beginning to suffer severely from it, so today I said: enough with that!
    I bought the basic config 1.25 ghz cpu/ 40 gb hd/ 256mb ram for E 469 (edu discount) and am planning to strip it from it's ram and hd to replace these by a 1 GB module and a 120 GB HD as soon as those are available for a good price.
    The harddisk could take a while though since I don't think they yet exist :D
  5. minimax macrumors 6502

Feb 9, 2005
    btw it's my first mac. I decided to switch around december after numerous frustration with windows freezing the cpu to 100% on startup and a keylogger that stole my creditcardinfo and wrote money of my account. And to think I had a firewall in it's most strict settings and a virusscanner with a daily update. Not enough. For me it was. That was december. Then when i started thinking mac I saw the prices. eeehhh. But only a week later rumours about the cheap mac began to surface. Nice timing Apple :)
    For the moment I will stay an "adder" since I need autocad / 3d viz for my study. But when I finish, it will be: good buy mister Gates.
  6. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

Jan 27, 2005
    welcome to the club!
    i'm loving* mine, sure you will love* yours.

* in a non-sexual way ;)
  7. RGunner macrumors 6502a

Jul 3, 2002
    Midnight Sun
    Well you might be in luck

Fujitsu has announced a 120gb 2.5" drive with samples are now shipping...
  8. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

May 30, 2004
    Madison, WI
    I bought mine a while ago. I just shipped this morning. I should be getting by Monday, I hope :D
  9. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

Jul 4, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    That makes two of us today. I picked up a 1.42gHz with 512MB, 80 gig HD, SuperDrive, BT, AP, and BT mouse/keyboard combo. Went all out with it. I think I am gonna get a KVM this weekend for my LCD. Just got home from the store so I've gotta set it up. I can't wait!!!
  10. plinden macrumors 68040

Apr 8, 2004
    Is that the $860 one? I think most people here will wait.
  11. Shai-Nadir macrumors newbie

Mar 8, 2005
    I just ordered a mac mini a little while ago and it should arrive within a day or two. I also picked up the LINKSKEY LDV-202AUSK 2-port KVM that supports DVI and USB. I will used it to hook up the mini to my 20" ACD. If you are looking to get a dvi kvm, your choices are limited and it will cost you you somewhat. I got mine off of ebay for $160.