I bought a Mini

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kgarner, Mar 9, 2005.

1. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Congratulate me! I bought a Mini today. I am, needless to say, very excited about this. This is my first new Mac that I have purchased. I have always bought used or older model Macs in the past. I haven't even had a chance to play with it yet, as I bought it while at school and went from there to work. Anyway, just needed to share before my head exploded.

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Congratulations - remarkable constraint you've shown. Old Macs are great fun (like vintage cars), but it's nice to occasionally be the first to drive one.

3. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Congratulations! I convinced my mom to get one on Monday to replace her aging rev.A G3 iMac. What a difference! It's such a cool little thing. Plus we got a heck of a deal on it. They were out of the 1.2GHz models at the Apple Store, but they had just gotten a return on a 1.42GHz. It was still new in the box, but it was opened, and they knocked like $60 off the price! So we got the 1.42GHz model with 80GB hard drive for $539. You can't beat that. :)

4. minimax macrumors 6502

me too!!

hehe I wanted to buy one in half a years time but I couldnt restrain myself anymore, my work / study was beginning to suffer severely from it, so today I said: enough with that!
    I bought the basic config 1.25 ghz cpu/ 40 gb hd/ 256mb ram for E 469 (edu discount) and am planning to strip it from it's ram and hd to replace these by a 1 GB module and a 120 GB HD as soon as those are available for a good price.
    The harddisk could take a while though since I don't think they yet exist :D

5. minimax macrumors 6502

btw it's my first mac. I decided to switch around december after numerous frustration with windows freezing the cpu to 100% on startup and a keylogger that stole my creditcardinfo and wrote money of my account. And to think I had a firewall in it's most strict settings and a virusscanner with a daily update. Not enough. For me it was. That was december. Then when i started thinking mac I saw the prices. eeehhh. But only a week later rumours about the cheap mac began to surface. Nice timing Apple :)
    For the moment I will stay an "adder" since I need autocad / 3d viz for my study. But when I finish, it will be: good buy mister Gates.

6. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

welcome to the club!
    i'm loving* mine, sure you will love* yours.

* in a non-sexual way ;)

7. RGunner macrumors 6502a

RGunner

Well you might be in luck

Fujitsu has announced a 120gb 2.5" drive with samples are now shipping...

8. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

I bought mine a while ago. I just shipped this morning. I should be getting by Monday, I hope :D

9. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

That makes two of us today. I picked up a 1.42gHz with 512MB, 80 gig HD, SuperDrive, BT, AP, and BT mouse/keyboard combo. Went all out with it. I think I am gonna get a KVM this weekend for my LCD. Just got home from the store so I've gotta set it up. I can't wait!!!

10. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Is that the $860 one? I think most people here will wait.

11. Shai-Nadir macrumors newbie

I just ordered a mac mini a little while ago and it should arrive within a day or two. I also picked up the LINKSKEY LDV-202AUSK 2-port KVM that supports DVI and USB. I will used it to hook up the mini to my 20" ACD. If you are looking to get a dvi kvm, your choices are limited and it will cost you you somewhat. I got mine off of ebay for $160.