I bought my PS3

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Jan 24, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So I've decided to buy a USA machine rather than European, and so I've just bought a ps3 off marketplace.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=273034

So now I have to get hold of resitance and in a few days hopefully I'll be playing with the MR Resistance Clan :)

So that's all the machines bought :D

2. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

congrats - and to quote Tom Petty "The waiting is the hardest part"

3. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

Awesome, I know you'll enjoy it mate..
    I am already in a Resistance clan elsewhere, but feel free to add me as a friend.
    I'll see you on the battlefield! [​IMG]

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

5. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL. Well I knew I'd end up with a machine, it was the fact that the 20gb model had been removed from UK & Irish launches, so I decided sod it - I'll go for it - now (only be going for it later anyway) :)

6. darkwing macrumors 65816

Congrats on the PS3, MRU. C-D did you leave our clan? :(

7. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

Actually I was never in it........I am in the PSINext clan, and as far as I know you can only be in one.
    I've been a member of that community for years, so they get senority.
    Although that in no way limits my abilility to play with you guys anytime your online.

In fact.........*gets mischevious*........we coudl arrange some sort of clan scrimmage if you guys get a large enough group.:cool:

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Cool deal. :)

I'm getting one for racing games, well one in particular.

<]=)

9. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm not a huge racing fan tbh. But I dont mind arcadey ones, so I will pick up motorstorm for my ps3, along with Full Auto 2 (i liked the 360 original) and of course the pre-requisite Resistance. :)

10. monke macrumors 65816

monke

Ridge Racer 7 is amazing. I've played Project Gotham 2 and tried 3, and to me, Ridge Racer is way better.

The MotorStorm demo is fun too, I can't wait for the full version. :)

11. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

I have RR6 on the 360, there's not too much different from the ps3 version to warrant buying it again though. :) (mind you the same could be said for Full Auto 2 also)

12. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

So it begins....lets see the final word from MRU.:)

13. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

None of that crap. :D Ridge Racer was fun as usual, even when it was slowing dow to a slugtastic crawl playing 2 player split screen on my friend's PS3. It was like playing a fun slide show. :eek:

I want GT HD; The full game!!! :) I skipped a PS2 purchase for GT4, since the PS3 was coming out.

<]=)

14. darkwing macrumors 65816

I have played RR7 with 2-player split screen at 1080p and it doesn't ever skip a beat. Perhaps there are issues with his disc? I've noticed that RR7 seems to freeze a moment if the music can't be read when needed. Only seen that twice and both times were in the main menu.

15. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

You also have demonstrated your skills in RR7 online mode... no frame loss there.. just pride... :D

Ed

16. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

Same here...I play that demo as much as any game probably, heh. Probably because I've never done the racing games much before, so it's all very new and fun.

17. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Congrats MRU...I got mines last week and I'm loving it. I still havent gotten my R:FoM yet but as soon as that happens I'm all up for the clan.

Bless

18. darkwing macrumors 65816

It's all just a matter of practice. :p If you want to dominate online you need to play the offline a lot to get those plug-in units. They gave your car a performance boost. Or, you can play online games that have plug-ins turned off.

19. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

So what's the verdict on the PS3 versus the Wii ??

I don't have either, and i can't decide, but the Wii just looks like it should be more fun.

20. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

21. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Single player has a litttle incy bit of slow down, which my friend didn't notice until his wife and I pointed it out while we were watching him play.

Not an issue with the disk. The FPS dropped to about 6 FPS in some points when we were both racing. The game is new, the system is new, no big deal, was still fun. ;)

<]=)

22. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Dont worry as soon as it arrives I'll post a nice impartial review of my thoughts on it.

Yeah a couple of the games I want will be shipping from canada, can take upto 10-14 days to arrive here.

As soon as they arrive I'm in :)

Will let you know. But to be honest all 3 of the machines are completely different and I'm sure could co-exist nicely.

As for 'fun' again its purely subjective and what one person finds 'fun' another would find totally mundane.

23. darkwing macrumors 65816

My only point is I've played the heck out of RR7 and never once noticed a slowdown. Ever. I played 2 player a lot on split screen and it was always perfect. I've never seen it have an issue. My point is just that it's odd that you do. I wonder what the difference is.

24. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

It's not my PS3, so I'm not fretting. :eek: The only difference I can note, is that he's running it at 1080i on his 62" plasma via HDMI. If that's causing the slow down, not only would that baffle me, but then Namco should be shot. I don't know why interlacing would hit the CPU that much, and I highly doubt that it's the cause. The slow down on split screen would go from normal, to slide-show fun. :)

<]=)