I bought quicktime pro, but...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tennor, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Tennor macrumors newbie

Feb 3, 2006
    I'm a pretty new mac user, so I'm glad to find these boards. I have an iMac G5 powerPC model, 20 inch.

I bought the Quicktime Pro, got the registration code.

I followed the directions, and entered my name and the codein the "Quicktime" part of System Preferences. I think its recognized, becasue below the words "QuickTime Pro" appear.

However, there is NOTHING different. I've re-started the computer twice. What should I expect to have changed? Have I missed a step?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    In QuickTime, there are a bunch of menu items that are greyed out if you don't have Pro. Open up QuickTime, click on the File menu and tell us if there are greyed out options with PRO written next to them. :)
  3. qtip919 macrumors 6502

Jul 24, 2002
    As mad jew explained, the menu's are going to appear "greyed out" to those of us who cant seem to part with our beloved $20 bucks

Attached Files:

4. Tennor thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 3, 2006
    They are no longer greyed out. Thanks so much!

However, I still don't know how to use it! When I'm watching a quicktime file i've downloaded, how do I record it?

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    When it's downloading on a website, and if it's downloadable, then you'll see a little downward pointing arrow at the end of the timeline bar. Click on that and you should see an option to save the movie.