I can hardly wait!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nospleen, Dec 25, 2006.

1. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

My brother in law has a son from his first marriage. He is 14 and is a great, great kid. To make a long story short, he reported his older brother to the police b/c his older brother hit his mom. (he lives with his mom) The older brother was forced to live with his grandparents because apparently the abuse was not uncommon. The grandparents sided with the bad son and took all of their shared goods i.e., ps2, computer, etc...

Well, his mom does not have a lot of money and cannot replace his computer. He is down here for Christmas visiting my sister and my brother in law. Yesterday, we were in the Apple store and he must have played on a display macbook for 45 minutes or so. So, when he left the store, my father bought him a new MB!! I thought that was the coolest thing. My father treats him like any of the other grandkids, or hell, better now that he bought him an MB, lol. Soooooo, I am dying here to get to my sis' house so he can get his new MB. He has no idea and he is going to be totally surprised!

Gotta love Christmas. He is a great kid and I am glad my dad did what he did. I know that I love getting gifts, but I swear I am looking forward to this more than if it were for me. Time to welcome another switcher!:D

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Keep us updated. That's a fantastic Xmas story. Let's hope the older brother never gains access to it....

3. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68000

nospleen

I was thinking the same thing, crossing my fingers. We are going over there tonight, if I remember, I will use my treo and video tape it. :)

4. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

5. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Yeh, that's a really good Christmas story. :) Keep us posted! Remember to get him to sign up to MacRumors (if they have internet)! :)

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The magic of Christmas :)

I've got a story but nowhere near as.. um.. good? as yours. Really can't word that right :D This Christmas me and my brother have started talking again after 4, 5 or so years of silence. He used to be an idiot, stole money off me, my phone. Even had to get a lock on my parents bedroom, and later my bedroom. But he since got a job and is slowly joining normal society. Kid used to be a maths and puzzle genius but drugs destroyed him.

Been a good Christmas for both our families it seems! And I can't wait to find out what happened with that MB :D

7. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68000

nospleen

He was very surprised and a little uncomfortable at first. But, he livened right up and wore that sucker out last night. He is already getting all of my families ichat names, emails, etc..

He sent my dad a bunch of fun pictures from photo booth. He is so happy and we are all very happy for him too!!

Excuse the quality, taken with my treo...

http://web.mac.com/emsdad/iWeb/Site/Movie.html

8. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68000

nospleen

Glad to hear about that!! Everyone deserves a second chance, and family members deserve at least 3 or 4, lol.

9. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

All good stories have a happy ending. :) *cue synthesized soppy theme tune* :D Has he never used a computer before, as you said they don't have one?

Video doesn't play for me though, what format is it?

10. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68000

nospleen

Not sure, but it plays on my mac? It takes it a bit to load up though. Yeah, he had a PC, but they took that away. Which like most times, turns out to be a good thing. He was flying around the mac in no time, so he seems to be adjusting to the switch quite well.

11. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

That's fantastic! I hope he keeps it safe from... other people. What a phenomenally generous gift!

12. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

that is just amazing. glad to hear good things like this happen. hope he enjoys it. i wish i had a MacBook. :p