I can't Believe Mac Central posted this Link

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations/Reviews' started by Scarpad, Feb 4, 2005.

1. macrumors 65816

2. emw
    macrumors G4

emw

If I actually thought someone would listen to this guy, I'd be more upset. But with an obvious lack of any real knowledge of Macs, or even general facts, it's easy to disregard this a pure uniformed blather.

I'm not saying everyone should love the mini, or Macs for that matter, but at least get your facts straight.

no PS/2 ports?! WTF is that? No way to connect a printer? Um, USB. But really - an "equally stylish" eMachine?

Oh, and the part about

would seem to be about the Shuffle, not the mini.

Moron.

3. macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

People… it's a JOKE. It's a satirical review of the mainstream's reaction to Apple.

Read some of the other stuff on that site, it's meant purely as entertainment.

4. macrumors 6502

read the first few paragraphs and it was all wrong, so wrong that I didnt want to red anymore.

5. KCK
    macrumors regular

I don't know if it is a sadder fact that many Mac fans can't figure out this column is a joke or many Windows users can't figure out it is a joke.

6. emw
    macrumors G4

emw

Yes, but I'm doped up on flu meds, so I'll use that as an excuse. I finally went to the divisiontwo.com website and it is apparent it's just a joke site.

7. macrumors 68000

MR members are well known for not recognising satire when it's posted... kinda funny in itself. As for the article -- Hilarious and offensive!

8. macrumors 68040

killmoms

Do you guys never look at MacBytes or what? We were all over this mess of "satire" ages ago. :p

And yes, it's another "I wish I was as funny as The Onion but I'm clearly not" site.

9. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If you're going to post a thread, you might want to read the whole page you are referring to. How can you not get that this is satire.

Here's a hint, this was at the bottom of the page.

Mattel's BarbieOS challenges Microsoft Windows for the Hearts of Adolescent Girls

Here's the thread on it:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthr...threadid=108552

10. macrumors 68020

daveL

Maybe that's because the author didn't do a very good job. If you're not very up on Macs, why would you conclude that the information presented in the article wasn't fact?

11. macrumors member

MadMacs44

People please...think about this...its an odd and moronic tale...LAME!:)

12. macrumors 601

BornAgainMac

Perhaps this part..."So is the mini a maxi value?* For me, clearly, no.* When I consider that a good deal of my time is spent running applications like Disk Defragmenter, Scandisk, Norton AV, Windows Update and Ad-Aware--none of which are available for the Mac platform--it doesn't make sense for me to "switch" to a Mac at this time."

But a newbee PC user will think they need to run Windows Update and Scandisk on a Mac and not switch because it isn't available yet. The knowledgeable PC users will get a good laugh out of that and it won't affect them trying the Mac in their homes. The Mac Mini real market is the knowledgeable PC user that has all the tech toys.

Grandma and Joe Average probably won't be interested in the Mini because it won't have a keyboard or floppy drive. The concept of having a computer that small isn't in their grasp of understanding. I wonder what percentage of PC users fall into that category.

13. arf
    macrumors member

arf

Some people are too stupid

Please, I despair with you guys......

When are you all gonna recognise a joke?

14. macrumors 603

solvs

Maybe some people won't get it, or will think it's true... but how many of them would be reading this site. Or any of the geek sites that mention it. If you're dumb enough to agree with any of that, you're either already a Mac hater already or you wouldn't understand the article anyway.

15. macrumors 6502a

< "So is the mini a maxi value?* For me, clearly, no.* When I consider that a good deal of my time is spent running applications like Disk Defragmenter, Scandisk, Norton AV, Windows Update and Ad-Aware--none of which are available for the Mac platform--it doesn't make sense for me to "switch" to a Mac at this time.* But will Apple's famous marketing team be able to sell the the emperor an invisible computer anyway and turn the mini into a maxi hit?* That’s the question that remains to be answered.">

This was the part that really made me belly laugh- I guess the rest of it could have been mistaken for serious, but at this point everyone had to have realized, right?...

16. macrumors regular

17. macrumors 65816

wow i think your IQ dropped

18. macrumors 6502

You'd think the bit about a lack of 5.25" bays would have given it away...

19. macrumors 68020

Or maybe this line...

ROFL.

20. macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

lol that's a good read if your looking for a laugh...although the point about the one button mouse is valid...*ducks from sniper fire*

21. macrumors 6502a

It is indeed a joke, however, i didn't realize it until after I emailed him telling him what a complete puke he was...boy do I feel silly. :eek:

22. macrumors member

ROFL that was amazing

Before i realised that it was a joke though i thought the guy was just dumb lol

23. macrumors 68030

munkle

As already mentioned, there is already a pretty healthy thread on this article but as some people seem to be suffering from irony deficiency this article from 'As the Apple Turns' may help:

I'm sure quite a few of the Brits on MR would be willing to offer their services as a consultant, for a small fee of course, and for anybody who's wondering...those babies are darn tasty ;) :)

24. macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

ROFL

This is one of funniest articles I have ever read. I love this part:

"When I consider that a good deal of my time is spent running applications like Disk Defragmenter, Scandisk, Norton AV, Windows Update and Ad-Aware--none of which are available for the Mac platform--it doesn't make sense for me to "switch" to a Mac at this time."

25. KCK
    macrumors regular

I like the latest column from the same person.
    http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/utilityshootout.html

The "review" is for utilities that have popped up on their on in the writer's computer in the last week. :)