i can't capture video!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by FF_productions, Jul 9, 2005.

1. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Hey Guys, I'm running on a b & w g3, the problem is that when i hook up the camcorder to firewire port, the programs I use for basic editing will not recognize the camera..I have a pc that recognizes the camera...I am running Os 9.2, and using BTVpro or something like that..I went to system profiler to see if it recognized it at all and yes, when I'd plug it in, it would say it under the firewire port...Anything I can download? Re-install? I'm looking to get OsX anyways but I just wanna do this for fun...

2. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

wrong board..

why aren't you using imovie? i have not had good experiences with btv, but are there any version updates you can get?

3. FF_productions thread starter macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I don't have any editing apps for os9 (please tell me where i can download them, versiontracker.com isn't helpful), firewire device is enabled and active, but 2 programs I've tried do not find camcorder when the camera is playing video and says "dv in" on the lcd screen...This computer may be old, but it should be capable of capturing a little dv...

4. FF_productions thread starter macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I'm gettin Osx tuesday-ish, I guess I can wait till then since nobody here can fix my problem...

5. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Hrm...

I never edited in OS9, and it's been so long, hell if I remember what any apps would be...

But, iMovie really is your best (easiest, most affordable) bet. I could've sworn it came with OS 9.2...