I can't chain my Lacie Hardrives. HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Winstonp, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

This has been a problem for months. They will work alone, but they won't chain. I tried using different cables, all ports. Originally both were Fat32 formatted, but in my efforts I formatted one of them to Mac OSX (one drive is better than none when using windows). Neither the FAT or the OSX can chain in tiger, no matter what order I put them in. The computer will only read the drive that is directly connected to the computer.

Any advice?

these are firewire, by the way!

2. Winstonp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

nobody? Don't make me be a fool and buy a maxtor HD or something.

3. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

I have no help for you, but I felt bad you posting all alone... I hope you find a solution because i'll be in the same boat soon... unless I go with a External enclosure that holds two...

4. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

5. Winstonp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

thank you for asking, as this is the most common issue. I only wish it were something that simple.

Unfortunatly, they just won't chain. I was wondering if there was a software/reformat solution anyone knew about.

I am considering purchasing an expresscard firewire (The drives do work independantly) But that would be expensive and would complicate my workspace even more so.

6. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

MacFan25863

Instead of an expresscard, why don't you look at firewire hubs? You can buy one for 20 bucks pretty much anywhere.