I can't change the time help!!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by imspace2, Oct 9, 2002.

1. imspace2 macrumors member

My Dad just brought me home a really good conditon 266mhz g3 powerbook with ram maxed and running on OS8.6 who hoo, it can't do X but it's a mac right? Well I guess his company removed the date and time control panel so if anyone could send me a date and time panel from 9 or earlier that would be great
    imspace2@aol.com

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Sorry, I don't have any systems here running 8.6 or else I'd be glad to help. Did you check the Extension Manager to see if the Date & Time control panel was just disabled? Or check the System Folder for a "Control Panels (Disabled)" folder? I find it strange that they would just chuck control panels like that.

3. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Re: I can't change the time help!!

Actually, PowerBook G3's CAN run OS X, provided they have at least 128MB of RAM. And since your RAM is "maxed out", then you're good to go! Your PB just won't benefit from Quartz Extreme.

And if you decide to stick with OS 8.6, I wouldn't recommend installing any other version of Date & Time except for the version specifically released with OS 8.6. It could cause you problems.