I cant decide what to do..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 5spoke, Apr 3, 2007.

1. 5spoke macrumors newbie

Mar 23, 2007
    hey i just recently upgraded my ram in my macbook to 2gb, but I am really thinking about upgrading to the pro. My friends have macbook pros and the cases seem to be more durable. Im tired of every two seconds having to wipe my white keyboard down because I notice a speck of dust. So the main features I am looking for is the aluminum case, bigger screen, backlit keyboard, and the graphics card would be nice because I do enjoy playing games. The light up keyboard would be amazing for at night when my roomate is asleep and the lights are out. So I am thinking about trying to find a used, or refurbished pro, I dont really mind if its core duo, but I would like the 2.0 Ghz version.

How much do you think my 2 GHz CD white macbook with 2 gb of ram would go for? Its in mint condition because I am always so anal about cleaning it, I cant stand when it looks dirty, which seems like all the time. Its about 6 months old. And do u recommend getting a used pro from ebay/craigslist or just trying to get enough cash and find a refurbished one? I really cant decide, I love my macbook but I dont know if I can stand the white case anymore.
  2. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    You can find the refurbished MacBook Pros here.
    I would advise getting a refurbished over a "used". Mainly for the insane discount, with all the AppleCare benefits of a new. They're fully certified so if something turns out DOA or something, you're covered. As for how much your Macbook will go for, try posting a FEELER: in the marketplace. (Once you've gained enough posts).