I can't get any internet sound! Help?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by maia74, Jan 26, 2006.

1. maia74 macrumors newbie

For some odd reason I'm having trouble playing any sort of sound from the internet, whether it's RealPlayer, Windows Media Player or Quicktime files. It had been working fine earlier...until I loaded a DivX movie file into RealPlayer. I later deleted the file and realized that Realplayer was no longer working, as neither was WMP. It's extremely annoying! The streams, sounds, and movies all actually load and play, but no sound ever comes out, although iTunes works fine as does iTunes radio. What's going on?! Could something from the DivX movie file have messed with my sound card? Could it be some random plugin setting that got messed up? The problem's the same in IE, Firefox, and Safari. I tried reinstalling RealPlayer and restarting my comp, and nothing has helped. :mad: Please help!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Try opening then closing Garageband to reset Core Audio. :)

3. maia74 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Huh, that's a pretty nifty trick. Is it original, or did you find that somewhere else?

I'll have to remember that one. Good catch madjew!

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I had the same problem once and I stumbled upon this technique by accident. I was trying to remix Hot Cross Buns, it needs more bass. :p