I can't open a website...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by seh80, Feb 3, 2006.

1. seh80 macrumors 6502

seh80

There are message boards I read daily at EZboard. About 4 or 5 days ago, my browser (Safari 2.0.3) says "Safari can't open the page" next line "Safari could not open the page “http://www.ezboard.com/” because the server stopped responding."

This has never happened before. It is the ONLY website I can't access, everything else is fine. I thought for sure EZBoard was just down, but it seems my friends (even on Mac's) are getting in fine.

I'm using OS X 10.4.4

I've also tried using Netscape and Firefox. Same results.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks...

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Sometimes clearing the cache and the cookies can help. I've had that happen a few times since the latest update. Also, sometimes just hitting reload will do it too. Are you on a school network, would they have cut off access?

3. seh80 thread starter macrumors 6502

seh80

Thank you for your reply. I did try clearing the cache, and cookies. I'm at home, and have reloaded as well as restarted several times. :confused:

4. seh80 thread starter macrumors 6502

seh80

I should also mention that I just tried it on my husbands PC, and it isn't coming up there either.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Try resetting your modem and router by unplugging them for thirty seconds or so. Failing that, give your ISP an email outlining your problem. :)

6. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

I was able to access the site. I agree with mj, it might well have something to do with your modem or ISP especially since your husband's pc won't work either.

7. seh80 thread starter macrumors 6502

seh80

Success! I reset the router, then unplugged, and that was all it took. Thank you guys SO much. :) :) :)