I can't see my ipod library

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sonnyboy, Sep 21, 2006.

1. sonnyboy macrumors newbie

Using itunes 7.0 and when I plug my ipod in I can't see my ipod library in itunes.I need to do this cos i wanna delete a couple of things on it...Am I being dum?:confused: Thanks

2. Graeme A macrumors 6502

Graeme A

not sure if this is some new feature as I am stuck using the PC version of itunes. I think they are trying to hide the ipod music files as much as possible.

anyone confirm that you can still get to the files from the terminal? i.e., cd /Volumes/ipod name/control... ?

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I can see mine. There's an arrow next to the iPod icon in the iTunes sidebar which shows/hides the library and subsequent playlists. Is this what you're after? :)

I haven't tried, but Terminal should still have access to the iPod files too.

4. Graeme A macrumors 6502

Graeme A

i really ought to pay more attention to these things - or find my damned glasses.

I think I was thrown on 2 counts, the huge interface changes and the fact that I am so used to using the mac version of itunes instead of this pc.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'd reply but I can't make out your post. The ol' eyes just aren't what they used to be... :D

FWIW, even though Terminal (and Windows Explorer) can see/modify the iPod files, all changes should still be made through iTunes. :)

6. sonnyboy thread starter macrumors newbie