i can't seem to GET INTO WoW! :(

Discussion in 'Games' started by Joeytpg, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

hi guys, like to game from time to time, even tho i'm not really a GAMER perse...... but i do enjoy a nice game...on December i bought WoW......it seemed like a REALLY cool game....everyone here raved about it, insidemacgames.com rated it incredibly high....and a friend of mine had it and was always telling me how cool it was.........

.......well...i played it.....and played it........and played it some more....alone, with a couple of friends.......i got a character to lvl 16th....but i just get BORED real easily...... i haven't played it for like two months or so, and i've been contemplating to sell it.

I'd love to get into it, because it seems like the endless game....which could keep me busy for A WHILE.....but it just bores me! :( :(

i like Call of duty/Return to castle Wolfenstain....type of games.....because you have a mission, it takes a while to get everything done but it's fast, and the action's more "exciting" whereas in WoW the characters moove too slow, the combat is too slow, i get killed TOO easily (even when fighting creatures of my lvls) etc etc....

any idea how to make WoW more interesting?...or is it maybe that WoW just ain't for me!?

i'll borrow "Age of empires" from a friend, and maybe i'll get into it.....i used to play Age Of Emp. a lot like 4 years ago on my PC......used to bore me too (but at that time i only played Sports type of games) so now my "gaming interests are a little bit more -intelligent- hehehe)

2. kalun macrumors regular

Um, please use less "..."

Anyway, WoW is a MMORPG, the only good thing I found is that it let's you interact with people, communicate with people, and work together with others to accomplish an objective. So I guess you can try to interact with other people, team with people to do a quest, even join a guild.

Now with that said, WoW, although extremely popular, is not a game for EVERYONE. So if you still feel bored in the world of warcraft, maybe this game is not for you.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Um, who says you have to get into it? I'm an avid gamer and developer but I don't give much a damn about WoW. MMOs aren't for me.

4. iMetroid macrumors member

5. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

If you're not playing regularly with a group of IRL friends, WoW is incredibly lame unless you like grinds to high levels (and then high level grinds for equipment). I really enjoyed WoW when I played it with my friends, got to 60 and into a high level raiding guild, geared up pretty reasonably (could've done better, but I had a lot of school projects and then the guild dissolved). I'm selling my account now though, because most of my friends stopped playing when the guild died. Time to move on to something else. Seeing the expansion and getting to 70 (and maybe getting some of that sweet tier 3 Naxx gear) would be nice, but I just don't have the time anymore.

6. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Well, lvl 16 isn't really high enough to give it a chance. The real fun in the game is grouping with other people for instances. Once you hit 18-20 you can hit Deadmines for VC as well as other stuff. The higher you get, the more fun and intense the instances get. Once you reach 60, you'll be doing real fun stuff but you can only do so much. It is almost a necessity to find a good raiding guild post 60 if you want to keep the game fun and exciting. I am in the Serdomr alliance on the Elune server and we are currently working beyond Twin Emps in AQ40 and BWL is on farm status. We also hit Naxx once but that was just for fun. There is plenty of fun and excitement to be had if you find a good guild.

7. Joeytpg thread starter macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

no one said i had to "get into WoW" ..i WANTED to. It seemed like such an interesting game, capable of keeping me busy for a while......(my free time at least, i got other things to do) but again, this game isn't for me.

I was in a guild, and i played with friends, heck they gave me a lot of money so i was not dead broke, and could buy armour and cool stuff, so it was interesting......but i guess it's not for me.

I'll buy something else, and sell this account.

8. iPoster macrumors regular

It's shiny, particularly for the price, but man is it depressingly difficult on the SP campaigns, even on 'easy' level. And having to go back to a previous save to carry over the correct troops for a later mission is a total pain. :(

9. theman5725 macrumors 6502

Sounds a lot like me. My brother plays all the time and I've always wanted to get into it, but the highest I've ever gotten was 16.

IMO, the beginning of this game sucks, but I've seen people play on high levels and it looks really fun. If you're annoyed by constant dying and annoyances, consider making a new character with a different class. I've tried several classes in my time but I have to find the one I really like.