I Can't Wait Anymore!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by char1iecat, Feb 13, 2007.

  1. char1iecat macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2004
    #1
    I've been waiting/hoping since the beginning of the year for mac pro updates. I could really use one now (wanna upgrade my Protools rig). That said, I'll really be kicking myself if I buy now and the updates come within the next few weeks. Are the updates gonna be worth continuing to wait?:confused:
     
  2. SMM macrumors 65816

    SMM

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2006
    Location:
    Tiger Mountain - WA State
  3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

    siurpeeman

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2006
    Location:
    the OC
    #3
    well, if you really cannot wait, then buying now or later shouldn't even be a choice. there's always going to be a newer and better down the line. so if you gotta buy, then buy.
     
  4. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    #4
    However, by no means, do not settle for a lower computer because you don't have the money or patience to wait for your desired machine. I got really close to buying an iBook about two years ago because of its price, but I'm SO glad I saved a little more for an iMac.


    But if you really need it now and have the money, then just get it.
     
  5. Father Jack macrumors 68020

    Father Jack

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2007
    Location:
    Ireland
    #5
    If you can't wait ...... go for it.

    Even when the newer model appears, you will still have an AWESOME machine.


    FJ
     
  6. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    #6
    ^^ I agree. I love my iMac G5, but when I saw the iMac G5 with iSight and Front Row two or three months later, I kind of wish that I'd waited, but I really love my iMac and I don't think waiting for an iMac with a camera would've done anything for me.
     
  7. 4God macrumors 68020

    4God

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2005
    Location:
    My Mac
    #7
    I wouldn't wait unless you could wait a while. I also use Pro Tools and as you
    probably already know, Digidesign will take a month or two to make Pro Tools compatible
    with Leopard (assuming the new MacPros upgrade soon with the Leopard release).
    I say if you need it now, then get it now.


    EDIT: Although, I'm waiting for June (WWDC) for my next purchase.
     
  8. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

    ricgnzlzcr

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2005
    #8
    If you can wait for it do it. There is nothing more painful for me than to buy something before an update. If you can find a discounted mac pro now though, get it. They are amazingly powerful machines and will be for awhile. Good luck.
     

Share This Page