Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

char1iecat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
I've been waiting/hoping since the beginning of the year for Mac Pro updates. I could really use one now (wanna upgrade my Protools rig). That said, I'll really be kicking myself if I buy now and the updates come within the next few weeks. Are the updates gonna be worth continuing to wait?:confused:

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
well, if you really cannot wait, then buying now or later shouldn't even be a choice. there's always going to be a newer and better down the line. so if you gotta buy, then buy.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
However, by no means, do not settle for a lower computer because you don't have the money or patience to wait for your desired machine. I got really close to buying an iBook about two years ago because of its price, but I'm SO glad I saved a little more for an iMac.

But if you really need it now and have the money, then just get it.

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
If you can't wait ...... go for it.

Even when the newer model appears, you will still have an AWESOME machine.

FJ

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
^^ I agree. I love my iMac G5, but when I saw the iMac G5 with iSight and Front Row two or three months later, I kind of wish that I'd waited, but I really love my iMac and I don't think waiting for an iMac with a camera would've done anything for me.

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
I wouldn't wait unless you could wait a while. I also use Pro Tools and as you
probably already know, Digidesign will take a month or two to make Pro Tools compatible
with Leopard (assuming the new MacPros upgrade soon with the Leopard release).
I say if you need it now, then get it now.

EDIT: Although, I'm waiting for June (WWDC) for my next purchase.

ricgnzlzcr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
If you can wait for it do it. There is nothing more painful for me than to buy something before an update. If you can find a discounted mac pro now though, get it. They are amazingly powerful machines and will be for awhile. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.