i cant wait for spore!

Discussion in 'Games' started by count chocula, May 11, 2006.

1. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

2. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

Looks like a good game, it would be funny if i can play with my friend and see what kinds of stuff we come out with.

3. count chocula thread starter macrumors 6502a

count chocula

yea, it would be fun comparing creatures. unfortunately it looks like it wont have multiplayer options, i've heard that the creater described it as a "massively single player game".

4. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Hmmm… a few months ago they said that your world would be seeded with cratures from random people over the internet. :confused:

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

As I understand it, you download creatures created by other players to populate your world – but they're controlled by your computer, the game is still a one-player one.

That's my interpretation of course, it wouldn't be the first time I've got totally the wrong end of the stick.

6. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

7. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Dunno – but it's from the people who brought us The Sims and the Sim City series, all of which have been ported to the Mac and have been hugely successful. I would expect them to port it over, but how long it'll take is anyone's guess – and of course it remains to be seen what effect Windows-bootable Apple kit will have on the Mac game market in the meantime.

8. Archmagination macrumors regular

I just saw the Joystiq video of the E3 demo of the game.. its an incredible game.. just INCREDIBLE!! Its scope and vision is just incredible. I want this game.

9. firesalamander macrumors newbie

THe way it works is it takes content from every player in spore and puts it in a database. it then spits it out for each player, with an A.I. in control. To put it simply, it's like a wikiuniverse.

now whether or not it will be for mac is still a mystery. I think it will be, not only because the people in charge made their other games for mac, but because this could be the greatest game that has been released yet, and it won't be limited to one OS.:apple:

10. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

11. Agilus macrumors regular

Yeah, I've heard it works something like this. I believe it tries to guess what kind of creatures, planets, etc. to add to your universe by looking at what you create and trying to guess based on that. You might also be able to rate content that comes in, or maybe just say, "I hate this, get rid of it," and the algorithm that goes and gets new user-created content for you would factor that into its decision-making process.

12. Agilus macrumors regular

I think the game has a lot of potential to be fun. However, it might have limited lastability, like Black and White did. I enjoyed that game, and training the AI creature and using the gestures, but it many people didn't like it. This game might have similar problems, but at least it doesn't have Peter Molyneux at the helm. :)

Too bad it's not coming for Mac. I probably won't get it until I get a new computer.