I chucked my Laptop out the window!

Discussion in 'Community' started by AlexSpark, Aug 20, 2005.

1. AlexSpark macrumors newbie

Before I switched to my PowerMac I ran a windows laptop. Ive kept it around for a year now and have used it extremely rarely. During its history all it has ever done is piss me off.. anyone ever felt the same about a computer??

Well today out of boredom I decided to put it to its grave for good ... from an upstairs window!! Not just once .. but four times ... i guess it was built quite well after all lol!

I jumped on it a few times and gave it a few kicks too ..... here is the aftermath:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It would make a great Apple switch ad hehe

:D

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ummm...erm....ahem...*tries to think of something appropriate with which he can respond*

Thank you for following the proposed computer disaster rules? :eek: ;) :eek:

3. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Wheee....! :D

Wow, someone who actually did it.. :)

Couldn't you have gotten more by selling it on ebay..? What were the specs?

4. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i did the something similar with an old car stereo. darn thing only gave me a headache. but once it was out and i had a new unit i took a bat too the thing in an alley. that was fun and it got a lot of stress and general aggravations out

6. AlexSpark thread starter macrumors newbie

It was a PII 1Ghz ... is wasnt in high enough condition to sell.

7. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

You'd be surprised. I sold an old Compaq Presario 350 mhz laptop for almost $300 on ebay!

8. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

9. masterapple04 macrumors regular

Now if only doing that to stubborn Windows users was not illegal in this and most countries... I can only imagine what kind of choas that would cause in areas where there are a lot of MR members. Oh the fun it would be... :cool:

(As a side, I do not condone actually throwing Windows users out of second-story, um, windows... This post is in honor of a particular friend of mine :D )

10. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Well at least you followed the "rules" about posting pics :D But if it were me I would have found some better use for it. You said it was acting up on you a lot, but perhaps it could do something. I dunno, just seems like a waste of computer....even it had Windows on it (but that's just me).

Heh, you threw Windows out the window :p

11. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

C'mon, regardless of the cash, this is a fantastic thing to do. Why sell it and pass the misery on. This is kind of a no-impact 'pay it forward' type thing...

12. Omen88 macrumors regular

Omen88

I once did that to my tamagochi chicken. But I guess that's not quite as impressive :)

13. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i would guess that you wouldn't be able to just let it 'fall' though and that you would actually have to throw that to do some damage to it, but its all in good fun too! :D

reminds me of Limp Bizkits song Break Stuff (possibly the only good song that has ever come out of that horrid horrid group)

14. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

I agree - I revitalized a 350MHz PII laptop (at least one BSOD per day, back light failing, broken floppy - reinstalling Win95 didn't do any good) by putting Linux on it. It was rock solid afterwards ... showing it wasn't the hardware that was at fault (or it was, but for some reason Windows couldn't handle whatever issues it had but Linux could)

15. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

16. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I once ran a stop sign post through an old cabinet TV and I once through a massage chair off a balcony, but their have been many times i've wanted to harm past PC's

17. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Seems pretty high impact to me. ;) :D

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I got 475 for mine and the battery was crap.

19. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Any old school Mac users remember the MacAddict PC destruction movies? Basically this, only they filmed it and did much worse than a window. They ran them over in cars... took crowbars to 'em... *sigh, nostalgia*

"Hey look, it's a PC!!! AAHHHH!"

20. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

i took a bat to a green G3 iMac

...it was broken....:rolleyes:

**gets ready to duck and run**

21. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

LOL. I still have a Pentium I 150Mhz desktop PC. I would give anything to own a 1GHz Pentium2 laptop. LOL. :D

22. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

nothing wrong with that. useless equipment is useless, sure you probably could have done some scavenging of parts, but where is the fun in that?

23. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Way to go AlexSpark!!! :D

Now if only all windblows users would destroy their PeeCees. :rolleyes:

24. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

:eek: I don't know if I could bring myself to destroy/damage any Apple product- even if it no longer works.

Now the Dell Dimension 8200 that I used to own.........

25. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Nice one!
    Kinda of on the topic of destruction: Anybody ever split a CD in half so you can touch the shiny, reflective stuff of it? Throw it against a concrete wall a couple times. Get a whole bunch of Windows install CDs from eBay and you have entertainment for the whole day! :D :D