i cleaner

Discussion in 'iPod' started by chrismx72, Jan 28, 2006.

1. chrismx72 macrumors newbie

chrismx72

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

IceCreme has worked for me.

And using the promo "RTMWSF06" will get you a whopping 30% discount if you use it by, I think, the 31st of this month.

3. chrismx72 thread starter macrumors newbie

chrismx72

does it really bring it up to like NEW:eek: or can you still see the little scratches and swerls. so annoying i saved up for ages for my 5g vid ipod then used it it go SO scratched , i just ended up thinking oh i carnt be bothered to worrie about scratching it if it gets scratched it gets scratched but if that stuff brings it to new i will buy some. it says its not abbrasiv. how can it get the scratches out then

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

It's not like new - the scratches aren't eliminated, just buffed down and filled in. However, things do look a lot better, and I think it's worth the (on sale) price. Of course, I also have two iMacs (one quite old, one new) that can use it, as well as an Apple Cinema Display, so I was able to justify the purchase more easily.

Basically, it helps a LOT, but it won't make it "like new"....

5. chrismx72 thread starter macrumors newbie

chrismx72

ah rite. well i saw some different stuff on ebay which wa abbrasive too. in my mind if it was abbrasive it would work more effectivly...... im dunno

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

The problem with the abrasive options is that they can muck up your display. Also, they dull the finish, leaving it more matte-like than glossy.

7. chrismx72 thread starter macrumors newbie

chrismx72

oh rite i get you. cool. so you advise me to go the icleaner way not ebay shoddy crap route