I connected my Mac Mini to the TV, but...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by joey4127, Jun 8, 2005.

1. joey4127 macrumors 6502

joey4127

The quality is really crap. Is there anyway to make the letters bigger? I tried switching my resolution, but that just freaked it out. The screen just starting to flip and move.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

What is the TV? What resolution does it support?

3. crachoar macrumors 6502a

My guess is, you're using S-Video?

Well, rest-assured, unless you're using DVI on an HDTV, your image will be *****.

I used a 53" television as my computer monitor for a year and a half. Of course, this was mostly for gaming - but I did manage to use AIM and mIRC on it (although, it was a major strain on my eyes).

Don't even bother with televisions unless you have a really nice TV and your computer supports DVI-out.. Invest in a CRT if you're on a budget, but still want another monitor.

I don't think the Mini can even support DVI-out. But, I admit, I'm too lazy to go look.

Either way, hooking your computer up to a television has always looked terrible (until DVI and HDTV came along) - especially for text. You'll notice that it's decent for gaming or movies though. It was designed for things like that - mirroring your slide-shows and all of that nonsense to 'show your happy family' - presenting to clients (using pie charts I guess?), etc.

Pretty lame if you ask me, but that's the way it goes.

If you want to view text on a bigger screen, it's going to have to be a computer monitor or a really hot TV. Sorry.

4. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Um... The Mini is DVI-out by default. It comes with a DVI-VGA adapter for older screens.