I delete apps, but still in launchpad

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by Buck1, May 8, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I downloaded an apliaction- DAY-O, it is simple utility in menubar to show calendar. I just want to uninstall it. I just simply delete it from application folder. But icon is still in launchpad, don undertand to it. Please can you give me advice, how can I definitely delete it?

thank you very much

2. macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

when you remove/delete something from Mac OSX you have to then empty the trash.

This also applies to USB sticks/external hard drives-the memory you fill up won't show/change until you empty the trash.

You can empty the trash by using the key command shft+cmd+bkspc or by going to the dock, its the bin in the right hand corner.

Hope that helps.

Pete

3. macrumors 65816

Sedulous

Stuff sometimes doesn't disappear until after a reboot. If emptying the trash didn't solve the problem, try a reboot.

4. thread starter macrumors member

That was the first things what I did. Firstly try to empty trash. Didn t solve it. Than I reboot it. And the icon is still in launchpad...

5. macrumors 65816

Sedulous

Is there a .dmg mounted?

6. thread starter macrumors member

no! But I has finally solve the problem. So for other people who may it be has or had similar problem. Problem wash t by day-o application and wrong delete it. I did install a LAUNCHPAD CONTROL. And from some reason after deleted day-o, the day-o icon still launchpad control remembered and for that still was in launchpad. I deleted launchpad control from application folder and the day-o icon disappear too ;)