I desire a SETI victory... come brainstorm how I can win!

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by livingfortoday, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

If anyone cares (AND I DO DOUBT ANYONE DOES CARE), his login is his MR username @ yahoo.com with the password being = allotriophagyroxtothemax+1

My amazing C2D TWO FOOTER has only been running for a day or two and is about to beat all the G4s, G5s, CDs, Athlons....combined!

2. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

That is not the password.

But, if you do desire to assist me, PM me, and you will be given the REAL password. And together, WE WILL WIN! And defeat Allotriophagy's TWO FOOTER.

3. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

So get this!

Anyone who joins up to Greek Boy's SETI thing will get a COMPLIMENTARY glass of Cava - Spain's delightful fizzy white wine - which I stole from the second fridge in the house kitchen!

WOOOO!

4. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

Amazing! I did not know this! Come one, come all! Join me and Allotriophagy, and he will make your wildest dreams come true!!

5. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

I sure hope those dreams involve stolen alcohol and prescription medication and vintage Apple hardware...otherwise...umm...

It is interesting how amazingly good the C2D is at SETI. I mean, when was the last time you had a Mac (in the PPC days) when you kicked some computational ass?

But don't mind - I'm just walking my dog, strolling along. On crack.

6. TheDance511 macrumors 6502

what is it?i have no clue..sounds very cool...can i help?

7. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

8. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

Gah! I wanted this in the Community section in order to attract more people. Sure, this is folding-related, but it's a group effort! All together now!

9. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

So will no brave MR member step forward to help lend some CPU cycles to my SETI quest!? Remember, I am a member of the MR team on SETI as well (#6 in RAC, #46 overall), so you'd be helping there, too!

10. gothiquegirrl macrumors regular

gothiquegirrl

yeah... about that... I've got a g3.. Can't help ya... Unless you want to hook me up with a blackbook 2ghz,2gb,160gb & FCE.... THEN i could help ya! :D

Ang

11. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

Hmm... FCE won't help you run SETI! Nice try! I was all ready to hit the "Check out now" button, too!